Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Select Jigsaw blade chuck alignment

Hello,
    Anyone have an info or similar experience??
    I just got the 24 v cordless jigsaw and it holds the blade out of true-way out IMO. I took it back to the store and ALL of the jigsaws (ridgid MS) had the same problem. I'm in sunny San Diego CA-so let me know if you bought one somewhere that was all good.
    Do you think this was a hungover plant guy on Monday and his lot was bad that day??
    Thanks-The-Potentate

Re: Max Select Jigsaw blade chuck alignment

Not having one of them myself, I really can't say. What I can say is that about 2 years ago a big test was run on corded jig saws. Some were pretty sad. At that time the Bosch 1590EVSK was the top model. You might check to see what they offer in a cordless. If you have another Home Depot near you, maybe you can get one from there of the Ridgid and check it. I doubt all of them are defective and you might well have found a bad batch. Please call up Ridgid customer service, ask for tech support and give them all the info you can about your findings. Be sure to tell them which Home Depot location seems to have the bad ones.

A little hint: Bosch blades are very good ones. Maybe you should buy a pack and try them in your Ridgid jig saw. It might be that the blades that came with it are bad. Sooner or later you'll use the blades if you ever get a new jig saw as most brands and models use that style of shank anymore.
    Last edited by Woussko; 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I just recieved mine as part of the combo kit rebate thingy I have not had a problem with mine at all used it and it works just the way it should. When you say that the alignment is not true can you be a little more specific. Because I know when you run it with orbital ingaged it dose not just run up and down .
      American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Out of align-The blade is twisted vertically about 10 degrees to the l -looking tooth on, more on the first one I got a a freebie with kit purchase about 20 deg. It was hard to tell untill I installed the chip shield, then it was really evident.
        I plan on going to another HD tomorrow. I emailed Ridgid this am but have not heard back.
        Thanks again all!
        The-Potentate

Comment

ok I know what the problem is I noticed it when I first put the blade in mine the blase is not seated all the way in the collet you must remember that the blade reliese is spring loaded so you need to place the tip of your finger on the tip of the blade and push it hard all the way in then let the release lever go the reason for this is the T on the blade is not seating in the slot correctly so when you let go of the blade lock it it hitting the T and causing the blade to be scewed

Comment

mcarr

Try using a little scrap of wood. Don't risk getting your finger(s) cut up.

Comment

I purchased a Max jigsaw at home depot. When I tested it on a 1 1/2 in. thick piece of wood the cut was approx 2-3 degrees off of verticle. I checked to make sure the the adjuster was seated all the way into the detent.
              I returned the first jig saw to HD and talked to the tool dept. mgr. He told me they have not had any problems. I took a second saw home and tested it by laying a 2x6 across a one inch slot and cutting on a straight line down the board. Just like the fist saw the cut was 2-3 degrees off verticle. We have cord style Makita and a DeWalt jig saws in our shop. The Makita is off by a couple of degrees the DeWalt is perfect. I want a cordless saw and was hoping the Ridgid would work because it was a bonus for purchasing the 24V tool set.
              I looked over the Ridgid saw and it looks like the base is cocked to one side in the keying wih the upper body.

Comment

Road

Try adjusting the base so it will cut straight up and down and then tighten the wing nut(s) well. Most jog saws can have the bevel angle set by the user. Big deal if the pointer isn't right on at 0. You may have to pull and leave out the alignment pins. How did the Ridgid cut otherwise? Another idea would be to exchange your's for another but at some other Home Depot just in case your location got in a bad batch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                  mcarr

Try using a little scrap of wood. Don't risk getting your finger(s) cut up.
                  Well I am not pushing in that hard just enought to depress the spring in the blade clamp Mechinism because when you insert the blade there is a spring that the blade rests on so that when you pull on the release lever the blade unseats it's self and falls out with out having to touch it

Comment

Working...
                  X