X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding Spindles

I have a great Ridgid sanding tool that uses spindles of different sizes, but Home Depot does not carry the sanding spindles. What is the easiest way to locate these?

Re: Sanding Spindles

Go to Sears and look in their tool dept. or go to www.craftsman.com and order online. They are probably the closest and easiest (local Sears store), though they may not be the best quality sleeves. There are also many places to order online, you don't need to buy them from RIDGID (does RIDGID even sell sleeves? I don't know), just get the right diameter and length.

I've never seen the sleeves available in my local HD.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Ridgid does sell the sleeves, but I have not and probably would not buy them. I buy mine from Rockler. I bought a few too many last time so I have not had to buy any in a while, but did bookmark a site some others on here suggested (www.supergrit.com). I have not purchased from them myself, but they do seem to have good prices and maybe I will give them a try next time I need to stock up. I have also seen the Ryobi packaged sets of sanding sleeves at HD, but would not buy them as they are quite expensive and I normally would not need all the sizes.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

You might also try these web sites which are industrial supply companies. They deal with coated abrasives big time.

www.mcmaster.com (Industrial supplies and more)

www.mscdirect.com (This place is huge and they can get about anything made if you call them and request an order to be placed.) 1 800-645-7270 Prices aren't the best but they do provide good service to their customers.

Comment

Working...
        X