Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV series special Power Tools

Hello everyone,

I work for a BBC1 TV series called "Don't Get Done Get Dom". We are making a Power Tools Special where our presenter Dominique Littlewood will help you save some money getting a great deal on any expensive power tool that you are planing to buy. By expensive we mean over 500£. We wondered if anyone *UK based only) would be interested in participating in our show. If interested please contact me so I can give you some information about the series. We would love to hear from you and your interests in next purchases.

Please contact us by e-mail: dom@flametv.co.uk

Best Regards,

Monica Noda

Monica Noda | Researcher
    Don't Get Done, Get Dom
    FLAME TV | 6-9 Cynthia Street | London | N1 9JF
    | www.flametv.co.uk

Last edited by Don't Get Done Get Dom; 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM. Reason: clarifying my post

Re: TV series special Power Tools

I'm not quite sure what you just said.

our presenter Dominique Littlewood will help you save some money getting a great deal on any expensive power tool that you are planing to make.
    Was that supposed to mean you'll get me a great deal on a tool I need to make something? Or you'll get Ridgid a great deal on a tool then intend to make... whatever that might mean?

I'm confused. Someone bring me a coffee...

Comment

Clarifying the post... The show we'll help you get a great deal for you in any expensive power tool you want to buy. By expensive we mean over £500!
      Only one person we'll be able to participate on the show and there will be a selection on which kind of equipment you are looking for and could best suit the program requirements.

Thank you for your attention

Comment

Sorry but I'm not going over to London just to save some $$$ on power tools or machinery. I really don't care to leave the USA. Maybe in time there will be such a program over here.

Comment

I'll do it. I'm building a shower and I'm sure a high-end table saw would be useful for that.

So then... I'm either going to need your crew to fly to Toronto for this or you're gonna have to fly me and my shower to London.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Comment

Sounds like a scam, as a matter of fact I'm sure it is, but hey I could use a vacation, send a private jet to pick me up and as a bonus I could save a bunch of money on car insurance, I'm mean power tools by flying to London.
            http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

What could possibly make you think this is a scam? Could it be the English poster that can't type in english?
              "Semper Fi"
              "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

I'm not interested but I have a question. How much is that in US$?
                If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

500 british pounds sterling = 825 george washington's

Comment

"500 british pounds sterling = 825 george washington's"

Thanks for the conversion...
                    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Well, FWIW, the show is real. Here's the Sun Online (UK publication) review of it:
                      http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2006270906,00.html

Ya know...I really need a drum/thickness sander. They START at about $1000 for a decent-sized one. The cheapest is well over $800. Have Dom fly over here, I'll pick him up at Dulles and we'll drive down to Leesburg Woodcraft. He can help me haggle them on the price of a Jet or Performax drum sander!!!

I can't afford the $800 to fly to London to save a few "quid" on a tool and then have to pay to ship it back to the US!!!
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Might also run into a few power problems with european 220v power and all

Comment

I think this is the key phrase.

We wondered if anyone *UK based only) would be interested in participating in our show.
                          Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Let's take a poll...

Is there anyone (*UK based only) here on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                              Sorry but I'm not going over to London just to save some $$$ on power tools or machinery. I really don't care to leave the USA. Maybe in time there will be such a program over here.

Woussko,
                              Of course you know that ALL the really good, progressive shows started over there.
                              Give it time, we tend to copy all their stuff.
                              Phil
                              Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                              X