X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Drill Warranty Q?'s

I bought my 18v power drill back in 03 from Home Depot. Back then they had a lifetime replacement policy "if it breaks bring it back and get a new one". not the case now.

I checked the warranty info on the main ridgid website and drills only have a 3 year warranty now?

I still have my receipt... now faded. but is there a way i can get my drill fixed?

Re: Power Drill Warranty Q?'s

To the best of my knowledge the lifetime warranty way back when only covered manufacturing defects and not normal wear and tear. When Ridgid introduced the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, they offered everyone with Emerson made tools a chance to register their tools into that program. If you took advantage of that offer just take your drill and registration card to the nearest authorized service center and they'll take care of fixing your drill. If you didn't register your drill you can still take your drill to the service center only you'll have to pay to get it fixed. What's wrong with anyway, you didn't say?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

tools bought pre 2003 have a lifetime wtty against defects, tools bought from september 03 to january 04 have a lifetime wtty against defects. Date code can be checked to verify when either was made and usually you will get the benefit of the doubt. After that they have a three year wtty against defects unless you registered for the LSA. As far as defect if it is truly deffective it would have broke in the first year most likely within the first 90 days after that with most companys it would need to be something fairly strange. That is how most multi year wtty's work although Ridgid is excellent about covering just about anything for any lenght of time. Depending on the service center you go to.

Comment

I was using the drill while my extra battery was charged. went over to grab the charged battery but it was hot. like burning hot. then smoke came out of the battery. so i quit using that battery. about a week later i used the drill with the good battery. while using it the handle got hot and i lost hi-speed. then lost all speed all together.

Comment

More than likely the switch in the drill has shorted. This is a common problem with the Ridgid drill. It also tends to ruin the batteries.

Comment

If you purchased the tool in that initial 2003 introductory period, you should be covered by the warranty whether you later registered or not. You would have to show your receipt (original or copy). If that is not available, some other proof of purchase may be necessary, like charge card bill, cancelled check, etc. It should be noted that the serial number of the tool is also code dated and that Home Depot's Atlanta Headquarters also keeps an archive of the store receipts. That would require an inquirey directly to Atlanta and the exact date and store number is required to retrieve the data.

While all this may be beyond your ambition to pursue, I thought it should be mentioned.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X