Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New version of Rdigid 6" jointer coming out?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of Rdigid 6" jointer coming out?

I was all set to pull the trigger on the JP0610 jointer, but calls to the Home Depots in my area indicate there are none to be had. A couple of the employees indicated that they had been told by their Ridgid reps that a new update is supposed to be coming out, so they won't be getting any more stock in until then.

Anyone heard about this? I called the Ridgid tech support line and the rep said they had updated the jointer to model #JP06101 last January, so nothing should be forthcoming. If this is the case, looks like I'll be getting something else.

Butch in Des Moines

Re: New version of Rdigid 6" jointer coming out?

The Ridgid Tech Support rep told you that the jointer was updated last January, that would be last month, correct? If your local HD's are currently out of stock maybe they're just waiting for the updated models to come in.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      The Ridgid Tech Support rep told you that the jointer was updated last January, that would be last month, correct? If your local HD's are currently out of stock maybe they're just waiting for the updated models to come in.
      I understood him to mean January of 2006. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Comment

I picked one up in December, had a h*ll of a time finding one. I've been told by HD associates that the Jointer was being dropped by HD due to slow sales. They also told me that he could sell as many as he could get. They can't understand it.

Regards, Daryl

Comment

I talked with the head of the department at the store in my town and he said a new model was coming out. He had an order in for the old model and it was canceled. They had the floor model left but would not discount it. I found one in a box(thier last one) about 30 miles away,got 10% off and went home happy!

Comment

So can anyone at Ridgid confirm or deny they are coming out with a new jointer? I am in the market to buy one.

Comment

Working...
            X