Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makita 10" CSMS with light and laser $375.50 or $452.54 for the 12"

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
    I bought it before Xmas, from Amazon. At that time there was a $50 rebate from Makita, a $30 rebate from Amazon, the cheap 18V drill kit (just arrrived) and a 100 credit that was supposed to arrive through Amazon. Still waiting for the $100 credit.

The drill (6390D) looks to be about equivalent to a Ryobi. 2 speed with 16 position clutch, plastic chuck, non-replaceable brushes, 2 1.3ah NiCd batteries, nice plastic case, quick charger, rubberized grip. The drill, with battery, weighs 4lb 9oz.

Since I already have a 18V Ryobi One+ and Ridgid MaxSelect, I'll dump it on Ebay.
    Yeah its a fairly low end 18v drill. I'm sure my old Dewalt 14.4v 984 would run circles around it, but hey, I ain't complaining it was free. Gave it to my dad. Still would have been nice to get the Lithium Ion compact instead.

Comment

W00t! I just received notice that my *second* 12" saw is to be shipped today and arrive 3/5, in plenty of time for the free drill rebate. Hopefully, the UPS guy won't drop this one!
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Well, my 12" Makita CMS came via UPS Friday from Amazon. The box was somewhat beat up, and parts were loose. I'm not sure if this was opened before or not. Those of you that bought one before, think back to when you unpacked it.

My right fence extension was loose and laying in the bottom of the box, as were three thumbcrews. The hold-down was mounted bug flopping around. The cardboard dividers were torn a couple of places, as was the outer box. Was the saw itself wrapped in anythng when y'all got yours? Mine wasn't. There were a couple of paint chips, the long screw that the front knob is attached to is bent so that the knob wobbles. I set it on the MSUV and looked things over. I need to get out there again and look at the blade. I didn't have my good glasses, but it looked like hte blade had been used. There were not chips anyplace else, so that doesn't make sense. Probably just discolored where the teeth were brazed on. There's a bolt on a pivoting piece on the left side that is anly part was screwd in, and there are some scratches (but not from rotation) on the inside of the blade guard.

It runs and operates smoothly, so there's no real damage. I can get a new locking screw from Makita, and everything else wrong will end up looking just like it does now with a little use anyway. I just hate to pack it back up and try for a third unit from Amazon...

Seems like a solid, quality built unit. Thanks for the notice on the great deal! (which is gone now.)
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
        X