X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome New Compact Impact Driver...

Bosch has done it again at the International Builders Show.
    They introduced the new PS40 Impactor 10.8volt impact driver to join their immensely popular PS20 Pocket Driver and PS10 I-Driver.

Reportedly just 2.2 lbs, with over 800-lbs/in of torque and 1,800rpm.
    MSRP about $199.00.

The line starts right behind me!
    I just hope that Bosch keeps expanding this 10.8 volt line.
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: Awesome New Compact Impact Driver...

i have used the bosch driver(non inpact) and i see a use for them but there run time to me seems not worth the cost since you can get impacts for as low as 70 bucks(ryobi) and nice ones in the 130-170 range with more power and much longer run times. but for it's size there is use there i am sure and being an impact the batterys should last longer then in the reguler drivers but i have my maktia and i ain't in the mood to share so go and buy the bosch. .................................................. ............ lol
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Been running the makita 14v ni-mh for six months to tighten no-hub bands for cast iron pipe.Powers down bands 100's at a time before batteries starts to die-out.Used Dewalts 18v for years what a pig in comparison.Got the impact,drill driver,2 batts,charger,and flourescent lamp for $180.00.For some reason I do remember owning a bosch cordless quite a few years ago and the batts were not worth anything in a matter of a few months.

Comment

This impact driver category is advancing so fast I'm afraid to jump in and get one! I am still using my dewalt 14.4 drill/driver in the mean time and it just won't quit working so I have an excuse, and the rate that these get improved upon makes my current choice obsolete in a matter of a month or two. If you get this one, let us know how it works out!
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I bought the Dewalt 14.4 impact with the quick release chuck for my bits. Under a no-load or modest load, it's just like a drill. Things get tough.....it impacts away. I wish i'd bought it years ago. Would not be without it! I use it for 5/8" drawer guide screws and 4" cabinet hangers into studs. Awesome!

Mark
          Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Wood Meister
            Is it just me,it sure seems like I'm snapping off a lot less drywall screws while doing misc. woodstuff.Less Squeeking, its kind of like when I used spit back in the day of my dewalt drill.

Comment

I've been using square drive screws from McFeelys. They are #8 and hardened and dry lubed. Almost impossible to break. The driver makes easy work out of them.
              Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Ahh shoot, I'm sorry my last post was very unclear as to what I was trying to say.What I was refering to was the IMPACT DRIVER seems to be having a much easier time sinking drywall screws without snapping them.
                Sorry,still learning.Might help if I preview before I post.

Comment

You have to admit the specs are pretty impressive.. 2.2lbs! if these get any smaller they're going to have to put downloadable ringtones in them

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
                    You have to admit the specs are pretty impressive.. 2.2lbs! if these get any smaller they're going to have to put downloadable ringtones in them
                    haha - lights, mp3s, digital clutches! when will we get the built in bottle opener? 2.2 lbs! thats pretty good. im so happy with my 14.4 at 3 lbs. (panasonic) battery last forever- im so amazed with its power and battery life! I too wish i had bought an impact driver years ago. it came with the 14.4 drill driver as well but never use it

Comment

Working...
                    X