Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution: R932 Lithium 24v Combo is going BYE BYE!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caution: R932 Lithium 24v Combo is going BYE BYE!!

I found one last night at a local hd and it was marked off 10% of the $397 price. I also had a coupon for another 10% off and got it for $340 something after tax.

Now when I got it home, it was obovious that it was a return after I opened the box and took the stuff out, so maybe that is why it was marked down. I will try them out and return if necessary.

Comment

no no no you paid a new tool price you should have new tools and if they are not take them back. don't be nasty or rude about it but just don't stand for it.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
        no no no you paid a new tool price you should have new tools and if they are not take them back.
        Or ask for an additional "Manager Mark Down". They may whop another 10% - 15% off since they're used.

Comment

Hey guys, I've been trying to locate one of these R932 kits for a few months now. The LSA is very attractive.

I need the HD SKU of this kit so I can have my local HD look at regional centers for stock. Anyone have it by chance? And does anyone know a zip code of a Home Depot with these kits in stock?

Thanks in advance,
          -Ed

Comment

Home Depot at zip code 13031(camillus NY) had some in stock as of yesterday. If I can find my receipt I will post the sku
            http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
              Home Depot at zip code 13031(camillus NY) had some in stock as of yesterday. If I can find my receipt I will post the sku
              Is the price of $397 the really what these are going for? Since they were going $297 and $317 at one time, I though we were talking of a better price.

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddie View Post
                Hey guys, I've been trying to locate one of these R932 kits for a few months now. The LSA is very attractive.

I need the HD SKU of this kit so I can have my local HD look at regional centers for stock. Anyone have it by chance? And does anyone know a zip code of a Home Depot with these kits in stock?

Thanks in advance,
                -Ed
                The SKU is 635-617 - Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rick007 View Post
                  Is the price of $397 the really what these are going for? Since they were going $297 and $317 at one time, I though we were talking of a better price.
                  That's the pice all of my HD have them listed at. The replacement kit with three tools is only $18.00 less at $379.00.

Comment

Thanks onlycordless for posting the zip of a store with the R932's in stock, and thanks kpinaire for posting the sku!

My local HD searched over 3 dozen stores in Northern IL(SW Chicago burbs) all the way up to Wisconsin with no luck. I then called my wife from the store and had her look up this forum and the zip code you posted. That store has 14 in stock as of 2/25! The asst manager and csr's at my local HD were very friendly and called the manager of that Camillus store to see if they would ship 1 to my local store for me. I told them they should 6 or so more shipped as they would sell out right away here.

On a side note, I may return the MSUV I purchased Friday night, and rebuy it with a Ridgid Miter Saw as there is a $50 instant discount if you buy any Ridgid Miter Saw with the Ridgid MSUV in my store, not sure if other stores are doing it too.

King regards,
                    -Ed

UPDATE:
                    I just got home and had a voicemail stating the transfer would be made! Woot, I will be able to finally get one for $397 - 10% off, plus some points for it being on my home depot charge card.

Comment

There are a few questions I am surprised no one has brought up yet...

1) The MaxSelect boxes all say they are compatible with 24v Li, 18v NiCd AND 18V Li... so, my question is, when will the 18v Li batteries be available?

2) Will the new 18v Li batteries work in current 18v tools or just MaxSelect and a new line of 18v?

3) No current charger does 18v and 24v batts... will there ever be a dual charger that does both 18v Nicd, 18v Li AND 24v Li, or do I have to invest in a charger today for 24V and a new one later for 18v Li? At $100 a piece that seems like a waste of money.

4) Are the individual 24v tools I would get today in the 4 pack the SAME as the ones in the new 3-pack and the SAME as the ones I can buy individually and this is all a marketing change only? Or are they physically different tools?

5) Will there ever be a MaxSelect set?

I have asked these questions to multiple customer service reps and store reps but never gotten any definitive answer to any of these... even in the response from Ridgid earlier in this forum, he did not say whether the 24v tools of teh 4 pack are the same as the tools in the new 3 pack...

Comment

Originally posted by jscozz View Post
                        1) The MaxSelect boxes all say they are compatible with 24v Li, 18v NiCd AND 18V Li... so, my question is, when will the 18v Li batteries be available?

2) Will the new 18v Li batteries work in current 18v tools or just MaxSelect and a new line of 18v?

3) No current charger does 18v and 24v batts... will there ever be a dual charger that does both 18v Nicd, 18v Li AND 24v Li, or do I have to invest in a charger today for 24V and a new one later for 18v Li? At $100 a piece that seems like a waste of money.

4) Are the individual 24v tools I would get today in the 4 pack the SAME as the ones in the new 3-pack and the SAME as the ones I can buy individually and this is all a marketing change only? Or are they physically different tools?

5) Will there ever be a MaxSelect set?
                        Some great questions. I'm sure the original asker and myself aren't the only ones that would sincerely appreciate answers. Would someone from Ridgid or someone with insight please take some time to answer them?

Thanks in advance,
                        -Ed

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddie View Post
                          Thanks onlycordless for posting the zip of a store with the R932's in stock, and thanks kpinaire for posting the sku!

My local HD searched over 3 dozen stores in Northern IL(SW Chicago burbs) all the way up to Wisconsin with no luck. I then called my wife from the store and had her look up this forum and the zip code you posted. That store has 14 in stock as of 2/25! The asst manager and csr's at my local HD were very friendly and called the manager of that Camillus store to see if they would ship 1 to my local store for me. I told them they should 6 or so more shipped as they would sell out right away here.

On a side note, I may return the MSUV I purchased Friday night, and rebuy it with a Ridgid Miter Saw as there is a $50 instant discount if you buy any Ridgid Miter Saw with the Ridgid MSUV in my store, not sure if other stores are doing it too.

King regards,
                          -Ed

UPDATE:
                          I just got home and had a voicemail stating the transfer would be made! Woot, I will be able to finally get one for $397 - 10% off, plus some points for it being on my home depot charge card.

It amazes me that there are multi-million marketing teams getting paid and contracts for Home Depot to sell Ridgid products and they can not locate an item to sell. Maybe I will get a commission(lol)....Anyway it is a great set, at a great price with a LSA. I would maybe take two sets for yourself because I had to return one because of the battery not charging but the second set works fine.(Try one, if works, don't open second one)

Tony
                          Last edited by onlycordless; 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM.
                          http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

It amazes me that there are multi-million marketing teams getting paid and contracts for Home Depot to sell Ridgid products and they can not locate an item to sell.
                            Good point. The problem I saw was that my local home depot (any Home Depot really) can only search it's immediate region. So that included 8 or 9 stores I think they said. Outside of that, each store had to be queried individually and specifically. So they had to click on the store locator and actually write down each store number and then go back and query its inventory specifically. The obvious solution would be to expand it's searchable range beyond just 8 or 9 regionally adjacent stores.

Thanks again for the zip code You definitely deserve a commission!

-Ed

Comment

I find it interesting that the HD stores have already replaced the former four-piece kits with the new three-piece kits; however, this site still promotes the four-piece kit without a mention of the three-piece.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RIDGID-X...-Ion-Combo-Kit

Comment

Thats our fault. We are currently in the process of making sure everything on the site matches the newest catalog exactly. Look for the 3 piece up very soon.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                                X