X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Table Saw

Okay I am in the hunt for a new portable table saw. I want one that has folding leg and wheels, not table top saw. I have a cheap ryobi but I hate the fence on it. I am looking for one that has a good fence and can handle a 3/4" dado blade. I have been looking at Ridgid and it look good. Give me your thoughts.

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by KRSConstruction; 02-21-2007, 11:43 AM.

Re: Portable Table Saw

you'll love the Ridgid TS2400LS. i transport mine every once in a while (mostly when my bro wants to borrow it ), and it is a cinch to set-up. the fence is great....smooth and accurate.

go for it.

ps: maybe your HD will price match the website price of $404.10. I have one by me that doesn't blink at price matching the website.

Comment

"Saw love" always cracks me up....I'm happy for you Cheeky but how do you know what he'll love?

The 2400 offers alot in this class, but so do the dewalt, Bosch, Makita and PC. All have pros and cons. Go for whatever one makes the most sense to you - it's pretty much a non-emotional issue unless by chance a romance blossoms between man and machine!

Comment

"Maybe" he is just expressing how happy he is with his. "Maybe" it really is that good.

Comment

Does RIDGID still make the saw stand that looks like the MS-UV?
          I think they discontinued it a while back which if they did is a shame.
          It had the same basic setup as the MS-UV which is an awesome accessory.
          It would make a great platform for just about any table top power tool like a planer, table-top saw, small jointer, etc.

I like the looks and features of the DW-745 but it does not come with a stand. The table surface is smaller than the 2400 but it does have 26" of rip capacity to the right of the blade IIRC.

Of those that come equipped with a stand I think the RIDGID is probably one of the best choices you could make. Many here own this saw and are satisfied with its performance.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Does RIDGID still make the saw stand that looks like the MS-UV?
            yep, it still comes with the "WORK-N-HAUL IT TABLE SAW CART"

the bosch 4000-09 also has a nice wheel stand.

Comment

Cheeky, I got the ts2400ls tonight at the local HD. They had a returned one that looks like the person never used it at all. I got it for 355 smackers. I made a few cuts with it this evening and it works great. I will give it a workout on sat.

Comment

I've been using a the 2400 for quite some time and have been extremely pleased with it. Well made, the stand is great, comfortable to work with and superbly accurate. I made sure to take the better part of a day to calibrate it to perfection and it's just awesome. Its pretty loud compared to the Bosch but I can live with that.

Comment

ts2400 has a tee slot miter gauge slot and has more table space
                  in front of the blade for cross cutting boards than the Bosch and
                  Ryobi.

It a nice stable saw on it's cart and has solid cart wheels that
                  you never have to pump up or worry about them going flat.
                  I like the large table space on the saw.

It has a real nice slow start, The saw does not jump or dim my shop
                  lights.

I like the dual funtion angle crank, you can crank it and
                  also let it gravity drop for quick adjustment.

Mine came perfect out of the box.

I wish HD would carry accesories for the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
                    yep, it still comes with the "WORK-N-HAUL IT TABLE SAW CART"

the bosch 4000-09 also has a nice wheel stand.
                    Yeah, that's the name of it, couldn't remember what they called it.

RIDGID used to sell the WORK-N-HAUL IT separately, but I have not seen it in the stores for quite some time as a stand-alone item, only as part of the 2400 package.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've gone 20 something years without a table saw on the work site of building houses, everything was done by skill saw, straight bars, and buying thin strips of plywood, lumber for furring. Now every job I see dang near has a table saw on site. So what the heck, I went and bought one for the job site to keep up with time and hopefully my workers would find something easier to do with the saw. Yet, the saw hardly ever gets used. I think it gets more usage when cutting rigid insulation than anything. I'm not saying its a waste of money or time punking it around, what I'm getting at is that the skill saw is still the #1 tool on the site, but then the air guns are a tying #1 also. You don't always have to have a fancy tool to get the job done and done right... My Opinion Only Though...
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I would go ridgid before I purchased my 3650 at the Indianapolis woodworking show I was looking at there portable for 309.00 then I noticed right next to it was the 3650 for 339.00 and could not pass up the savings but all in all it is a good saw from the demos I saw there at the show
                        American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Working...
                        X