X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA Question

Does anyone have any experience with registering power tools for the LSA that were bought new from Ebay or were given to you as a gift?

In these cases, there would not be a register receipt to provide Ridgid and technically, I would not be the original tool purchaser.

Re: LSA Question

Originally posted by kpinaire View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with registering power tools for the LSA that were bought new from Ebay or were given to you as a gift?

In these cases, there would not be a register receipt to provide Ridgid and technically, I would not be the original tool purchaser.
    you need a receipt from a retailer and the subsequent upc. ebay purchases aren't going to fly.

Comment

Ridgid tools purchased on E-bay or elsewhere are not eligible for the LLSA, because you would technically be the second owner. Thanks to E-bay and other similar sites, whenever these tools go on sale, there always a bunch of speculative profiteers who rush in and buy up everything they can at their local Home Depots. Then they break-up the Combos, and sell the individual tools off separately. The unaware buyer looses out on the warranty and the LLSA.

When you receive the tool as a gift, I see no reason why you can't obtain the receipt from the giver. While at one time, it may have been considered ill-mannered, we live in an age of warranties and service agreements. The receipt should always be included or at least made available. Besides, most guys have a preferance for a particular brand. Most family and friends know this and shouldn't be shy about giving the receipt in case it needs to be exchanged. Heck, women have been exchanging clothing gifts for years!!

CWS
      Last edited by CWSmith; 02-22-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        Ridgid tools purchased on E-bay or elsewhere are not is eligible for the LLSA, because you would technically be the second owner.
        Thanks for your comments. I too thought that purchasing tools on Ebay would not qualify; however, during the registration process, the form asks for 'Place of Purchase', and one of the choices is 'Online Auction'. I find it odd that this choice would be available if it disqualified you for LSA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

IF the tool is brand new.
          IF you can receive a legitimate receipt from the ebay seller.
          IF the tool has never been registered in the LLSA before.
          If you have the original UPC.
          IF the tool wasn't part of a kit that was broken down and sold piece meal.

If all of the above can be met possibly(?) Ridgid might allow the purchase to be registered in the LLSA. I guess it couldn't hurt to try and register it.

I have to say though that it's curious that they have that category, Online Auction, as I'm sure in the past Josh or someone else from RIDGID has said that ebay purchases don't qualify for the LLSA Program. New policy maybe?
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You can buy "online" at Home Depot. It's impossible to know exactly what the thought was behind the "online" selection provided in the registration category.

I do know that the serial numbers of some "Combo" components are specific to the combo. I do think there is some risk of being ineligible with E-Bay purchases. Let the buyer beware!

CWS

Comment

There are some retailers who offer things online on ebay, complete with invoice and printed receipt. Some B&M tool stores use ebay for their online sales instead of or in addition to their own sites.

I got a few good deals this way.
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

kpinaire, give it a try. I really dont know what would happen. Since I dont do the ebox stuff I dont know their reasoning behind putting online auction in there.

Maybe ProBrand will chime in on this one.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                X