X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt MS on MSUV

Has anyone mounted a 12" dewalt MS on the MSUV. I was wondering if it mounts to the holes that are in the stand or do you have to drill new ones. Right now I have the dewalt stand and am thinking about getting the MSUV since they are on sale plus I can keep the saw on the stand for transporting.

Re: Dewalt MS on MSUV

Well I guess no one has mounted a dewalt MS on this thing.

Comment

2 Hours and 2 minutes?

In just slightly over two hours...during the day no less when most of us are out there using our tools not here talking about them... you expect an answer.

You need to slow down a bit. The 'net may be fast but ya gotta give the gang here a chance to read your post and respond.

If you are in that much of a hurry you should do a search of the forum 'cause I know this has been brought up before.

Or wait another couple hours and maybe when someone gets home from work, gets a chance to eat their dinner, and jump on the computer they'll be able to help you out.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        2 Hours and 2 minutes?

In just slightly over two hours...during the day no less when most of us are out there using our tools not here talking about them... you expect an answer.

You need to slow down a bit. The 'net may be fast but ya gotta give the gang here a chance to read your post and respond.

If you are in that much of a hurry you should do a search of the forum 'cause I know this has been brought up before.

Or wait another couple hours and maybe when someone gets home from work, gets a chance to eat their dinner, and jump on the computer they'll be able to help you out.
        First off the post was made at 1am not pm so it was more than 2 hours. Second I did try to find if this was talked about and had no luck finding or I would not have asked this question. Sorry I had a day off after working 16 days without a day off.

Comment

My miter saw is an old Craftsman 8 1/4" slider that has a three point mount bolt pattern. Instead of drilling through the MSUV, I mounted it to a piece of 5/8 ply with carriage bolts coming up,(drilled a relief in the bottom of the wood to get the bolt head flush) and then drilled holes in the wood to match the outside set of MSUV holes and ran carriage bolts (5/16 x 1" long) down through the the wood and the MSUV table and put flat washer, lock washer and nut on the bottom. Don't have to worry about it tearing out the metal on the MSUV even with the abuse of putting it in and out of the pick-up, and didn't have to worry about hitting any of the cross supports to mount it. Still in great shape after over three years, and it has seen a lot of use.
          This allows you to put the saw where it won't hit anything with a full swing on the miters. If you use a thicker ply, you will probably have to go up to 1 1/2" long bolt to have enough threads for the nut with the lock washer.

Just a thought
          Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
            My miter saw is an old Craftsman 8 1/4" slider that has a three point mount bolt pattern. Instead of drilling through the MSUV, I mounted it to a piece of 5/8 ply with carriage bolts coming up,(drilled a relief in the bottom of the wood to get the bolt head flush) and then drilled holes in the wood to match the outside set of MSUV holes and ran carriage bolts (5/16 x 1" long) down through the the wood and the MSUV table and put flat washer, lock washer and nut on the bottom. Don't have to worry about it tearing out the metal on the MSUV even with the abuse of putting it in and out of the pick-up, and didn't have to worry about hitting any of the cross supports to mount it. Still in great shape after over three years, and it has seen a lot of use.
            This allows you to put the saw where it won't hit anything with a full swing on the miters. If you use a thicker ply, you will probably have to go up to 1 1/2" long bolt to have enough threads for the nut with the lock washer.

Just a thought
            Go
            Thanks for the idea Gofor. I have 2 MSUV's coming tomorrow. My one crew leader was stopping and picking up 3 of them. I want to put my MS on one and after doing some thinking I am also going to put my metal chop saw on the other since we use it a lot for cutting metal studs. I am getting to old to be bent over cutting with it sitting on the floor.

Comment

KRS, it should. I believe the hole pattern for the Dewalt and the Ridgid 12" are the same. I've had my 12" Ridgid on the MSUV since I brought them both home during last year's spring sale; love it. I also use a roller stand on each end for long stock.

Comment

Bob D, don't you think you were a little harsh? I read the post and see no reason to take that kind of bite out of someone.

(I guess I should prepare myself now!)
                Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by KRSConstruction View Post
                  First off the post was made at 1am not pm so it was more than 2 hours. Second I did try to find if this was talked about and had no luck finding or I would not have asked this question. Sorry I had a day off after working 16 days without a day off.
                  You are right, my bad. I'm sorry but I read it as 1PM and 3PM. I even went back as I was writing my post to check the time and still didn't notice it was 1 AM when you started the thread.

Please accept my apologies.

I was not getting on you for not being at work. I just find that there are not many on during the day until late in the afternoon or evening. Because you are home for whatever reason was not what I was concerned about. It was that most of those whom are most often on here don't show up each day until later, and that is what I said.

"ya gotta give the gang here a chance to read your post and respond."

Some people only check in every couple days.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. Bob sorry if I seamed a little ruff just was not a good day. Again thanks for all the help.

Comment

I have the exact setup you are asking about. (The irony here is I have not been on this forum in well over a year, and have never posted before).

It does not mount to the existing holes; I had to drill my own. It works great, but one caveat; as a mounted, single unit, it is VERY heavy. Getting it up and down stairs is difficult but doable. Loading it into my truck alone is tough. I generally have a helper, but if you don't, you might be further ahead to go with thumb screws, or some other assembly that could be taken apart. Total weight is probably over 120 lbs, though I've never weighed it.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X