Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone replaced a battery under LLSA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone replaced a battery under LLSA?

I was wondering what criteria they use to determine if a battery will be replaced?

Does it have to be completely dead? How dead is 'dead enough' for replacement?

Re: Has anyone replaced a battery under LLSA?

Good question. You have an authorized Ridgid Service Center in Sioux Falls, Stan Houston Equipment, how about you call them and let us know what the answer is.

================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I took your suggestion and called the service center. They tell me that they will attempt to charge the battery. Then they will put a voltage meter on it and if the battery is not putting out the correct voltage there is a bad cell and the battery gets replaced.

Comment

Unfortunatly just using a voltmeter after initial charging is not accurate and quite frequently will indicate a good battery when in fact it is bad. To get a true reading the battery must be fully charged and then load tested. The shop should have equipment for this.

Comment

Originally posted by kpinaire View Post
          I took your suggestion and called the service center. They tell me that they will attempt to charge the battery. Then they will put a voltage meter on it and if the battery is not putting out the correct voltage there is a bad cell and the battery gets replaced.
          Thanks for taking the time to find that out. I'm sure that many, myself included, have wondered what the criteria is.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
          X