Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makita 7.2 impact driver

Has anyone heard anything about this?

http://www.makita.co.nz/products/det...item=TD020DSEW

There are times on every job that I wish I had something that would fit in a tiny space or didn't feel like it weighed 50 lb while holding a door in one hand and trying to get that screw to catch in the hinge.

7.2 seems like it may be a little weak...but if it drives screws into composite false drawer fronts from inside and in between the double basin in the sink cabinet I'd be ecstatic.

One thing I can tell I don't like from the pic is the forward and reverse buttons don't look to be in great position in the pistol grip mode, or like they offer any variable speed control---just go and don't go.

Anyone know if it is more than a gadget?
    Last edited by woodenstickers; 02-23-2007, 11:12 AM.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: makita 7.2 impact driver

I'm waiting for this
    http://toolmonger.com/2007/02/15/upd...mpactor-specs/

I've got the PS20 already...

Comment

wow thats nice! Just wonder how long the battery would last for? My 14.4 lith-ion lasts for a long time so this 10.8 might be perfect! Who would ever think about buying anything else? How muich does it weigh?

Comment

OOOOO it's an IMPACT driver!!!! I had a cordless screwdriver in that design years ago. I now have the Ridgid 9.6v pivoting screwdriver I use every day. I love the Ridgid pivot driver. This little impact-drive would be a great addition to the shop!!

Psssst....Ridgid....new tool idea!!!
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          I'm waiting for this
          http://toolmonger.com/2007/02/15/upd...mpactor-specs/

I've got the PS20 already...
          I'd get the new 14.4V Panasonic impact, with brushless motor first. It is nearly as light and possibly smaller...but packs way more punch....and more battery.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            Has anyone heard anything about this?

http://www.makita.co.nz/products/det...item=TD020DSEW

There are times on every job that I wish I had something that would fit in a tiny space or didn't feel like it weighed 50 lb while holding a door in one hand and trying to get that screw to catch in the hinge.

7.2 seems like it may be a little weak...but if it drives screws into composite false drawer fronts from inside and in between the double basin in the sink cabinet I'd be ecstatic.

One thing I can tell I don't like from the pic is the forward and reverse buttons don't look to be in great position in the pistol grip mode, or like they offer any variable speed control---just go and don't go.

Anyone know if it is more than a gadget?
            That is slick. I saw a Craftsman model, at Sears last year. It felt cheap and only came with a NiCd battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
              I'd get the new 14.4V Panasonic impact, with brushless motor first. It is nearly as light and possibly smaller...but packs way more punch....and more battery.

Apples and oranges...

The Panasonic is a full size impact @ 3.1 lbs.
              The Bosch PS40 impact is almost the same size as the PS20 PocketDriver and under 2 lbs.
              I'm mostly interested in the PS40 for its scompact size, since I already have a Bosch full size Impactor that I'm very happy with...

Comment

Apples and oranges...

The Panasonic is a full size impact @ 3.1 lbs.
                The Bosch PS40 impact is almost the same size as the PS20 PocketDriver and under 2 lbs.
                I'm mostly interested in the PS40 for its scompact size, since I already have a Bosch full size Impactor that I'm very happy with...
                I get your point.

Does your Bosch "full size" impact weigh much more than 3.1 lbs? The Bosch PS20 weighs 1.8 lbs so it is definitely lighter but I'm guessing the impact gear are going to add at least a half a pound to the PS40.

I'm pretty darn happy with 3.1 lbs...compared to the 4.6 lbs of my 18 V impact....and especially compared to the 8 lbs of my Ridgid drill.

By the way (tool addict confession) I just bought a B&D 14.4 V Lithium drill/driver that packs 210 in-lbs of torque and weighs 2.8 lbs. I've only used it for a couple little jobs to try it out but I'm very impressed with it...especially for $90. It has a 5 position clutch and a two speed trans.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/produc...view=2#details
                Last edited by Disaster; 03-31-2007, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I have the Bosch 12V impactor - it's 3.7 lbs. As I said, I'm happy with its performance, but I like the size of my PocketDriver. I have too many (too mant tools period) drills and drivers 12-18V, but since I got the PocketDriver I use it most. I guess I have a tool addiction too - 3 or 4 of every tool!

Comment

I have the Bosch 12V impactor - it's 3.7 lbs. As I said, I'm happy with its performance, but I like the size of my PocketDriver. I have too many (too mant tools period) drills and drivers 12-18V, but since I got the PocketDriver I use it most. I guess I have a tool addiction too - 3 or 4 of every tool!
                    Tiny drills and drivers are soooo nice...especially ones powered by Lithium technology. I only hoist my 8lb Ridgid drill when I have really big jobs anymore. Love that I can pull the sub-3lb drill out of the drawer and know it will be ready to go...no charging required.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                      Tiny drills and drivers are soooo nice...especially ones powered by Lithium technology. I only hoist my 8lb Ridgid drill when I have really big jobs anymore. Love that I can pull the sub-3lb drill out of the drawer and know it will be ready to go...no charging required.
                      I totally agree. I rarely ever use my charger, im not even sure where it is right now! That new bosch looks very tempting but since i just bought my new driver i think i'll wait alittle while to see what else pops up in the next year for small lite weight drivers. If i had to use one every day I think id buy it without a thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X