Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3120 - what type of blades?

Hi everyone!

First post, but I have found quite a bit of information here... thanks. I just bought a used ridgid 3120 jigsaw. It did not come with any blades. I went to my local HD and saw a couple different types of blades. Which type should I use? Should it be brand specific? I didn't see any manufactured by Ridgid. Mostly Bosch and Dewalt.

Thanks!

Re: Ridgid 3120 - what type of blades?

You need to use bayonett blades, they look like a T with a rounded extention on top. They are specifacly designed for quick lock clamps.

Comment

Take a look at Bosch "Progressor" jigsaw blades. They are high quality and should work. Do check to be sure they are "T" shank and not the older universal shank which were used with a set screw blade clamp. Also, do not use Porter-Cable blades as some of their's had a special hook style shank.

This should give you a place to start. http://www.boschtools.com/accessorie...176309&G=54786

The picture (thumbnail) can be viewed better if you click it. That should popup a larger picture which will show you want a T-shank blade looks like.
      Attached Files

Comment

Woussko,

Thanks! I had a set of craftsman blades and tried those. I cut about an inch and it came out. I think they were the universal shank, that explains it. I'll go pick some T-shank blades up.

Thanks!

Colin

Comment

Listen to Woussko about the Progressor blades from Bosch, they're the best. For cutting wood look for the Bosch T234 Progressor blade.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you can't find them locally, this online dealer has loads of Bosch Jigsaw blades and they are pretty good people to deal with, unlike some of the big hog dealers.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...b84+1172309632

Their home page: http://www.coastaltool.com

Comment

Originally posted by texan168 View Post
              You need to use bayonett blades, they look like a T with a rounded extention on top. They are specifacly designed for quick lock clamps.
              Actually, bayonet blades are hook shaped and fit bayonet saws - i.e. Porter-Cable 548

What you need are T-shank blades as others already suggested. I would also recommend the Bosch Progressor blades. You can't go wrong with Bosch jigsaw and reciprocating saw blades...

Comment

Working...
              X