Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid Worm Drive Circular Saw, or Skil???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Worm Drive Circular Saw, or Skil???

When I got my mag77 it came with the flat stock table (weak).

I don't know if you can but see if the saw's table has the rolled up edges like the regular skil.They are many times more durable.Maybe they have improve since I got mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG Construction View Post
      Thanks for all the help guys, i have decided to get the Skil 77 Magnesium.
      I went to HD yesterday to get one, and they are all out of stock!!

I did however find out that Skil sells a kit for $10.99 that allows me to bolt a Sky-Hook onto the skil......That made my day, as i am the biggest fan of skyhooks, and that was one big reason i didnt like the skil.

So ill be picking up the skil when HD gets some more in!

Thanks,
      Jon

Why not just get the Bosch?
      It already comes with a skyhook built-in. It's more powerful and lighter. It includes a Bosch carbide blade - unlike the Skil that includes a POS steel blade that you have to throw away from the get-go. Bosch owns Skil, and Bosch is the better saw. Plus the Bosch includes a high quality 25' extension cord with the saw. It's a no-brainer...

Comment

hmmm good points newman.......i was a little unceritan of the bosch, as it doesnt have a cord coming off of it, and that reminds me of those annoying hedge clippers that i hate, which have the same setup, where the ext. cord plugs directly into the housing......ill check them out and decide.....the extra power and carbide blade sound worth it tho.

Thanks for all the help,
        Jon

Comment

Maybe you might like this Bosch model better. It has the standard power cord. 1677M
          http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54930&I=55119

Try to look at both models if you can. I really wish Bosch showed their "Direct Connect" power inlet better online.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG Construction View Post
            hmmm good points newman.......i was a little unceritan of the bosch, as it doesnt have a cord coming off of it, and that reminds me of those annoying hedge clippers that i hate, which have the same setup, where the ext. cord plugs directly into the housing......ill check them out and decide.....the extra power and carbide blade sound worth it tho.

Thanks for all the help,
            Jon

I didn't think I'd like it either at first look, but after having used the Direct Connect feature I've come to like it and find it to be very practical. With the 25' extension cord plugged directly into the saw, the plug doesn't snag on your work piece, unlike with a standard 5' tool cord plugged into an extension cord. I've even lowered the saw from roof tops with the cord and it works securely as advertised. You can always buy the regular handle and cord and replace the Direct Connect handle, and vise versa...

As Woussko mentioned, Bosch makes a corded version as well - actually a few...

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...175981&G=54930

Comment

Working...
            X