X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: TS 3650 blade guard assembly

With this being my first post, I'd like to say thanks for all of the great info on this site. It has led me to buy a used TS3650, which I am very pleased with. My only problem with the saw is that it came without the blade guard. I saw that you can order these from Ridgidparts.com or M&D Mower for about $60, but I was wondering if any of you had one that you didn't use and would be willing to part with. Please let me know about the price. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Wanted: TS 3650 blade guard assembly

Say what!! Yours should have came with a blade guard, You better talk to who ever sold you your saw. I've never heard of a table saw being sold with out a guard. I hope you don't get hurt using your saw, sometimes I will take mine off to do a certain job, however it stay on for 99% of the time, so be careful with kickbacks and flying chips. Or did you buy your saw second hand?
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

-he bought the saw USED and the owner before him either tossed it long ago forgot where he put it or forgot to give it with the sale. he did not buy the the saw new. and christopher 1260 welcome to the group.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. To clarify:
        I bought this saw from the owner of a mini-storage unit. The tennant did not pay and the owner confiscated the property to settle the debt. When I got there, the table had minor rust (I've already removed it with WD-40 and coated the top with T-9.) I aligned the fence with the left miter slot and locked it down. There appeared to be no warping (not as good as a guage, but ok for an on the spot decision.) I turned the saw on and it ran great, with the blade at all heights and angles. The moral of the story is, I got this saw for $200 because the owner of the storage unit had no clue what he had. The only things that were missing were the guard and miter guage (I'll pick one of the Rockler ones up soon).
        I have not cut anything with it yet, and do plan on using a guard. I was just wondering if anyone didn't use a guard or changed over to an aftermarket like the Shark and had one that I could buy cheaper than $60. Thanks for the input guys!
        Cheers,
        CJ

Comment

I'm sorry christopher 1260, must of read right over the used word, just didn't see it for some reason, wish I could help you out, just don't have an extra one, sorry... $200.00 damn good price, way to go...
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Chris, if you just bought this maybe try going back to the storage unit owner and see if the guard is in there with the rest of the stuff. You not need to buy anything. it might be tucked away in some other corner of the unit.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob,
              Thanks for the thought, but I tried that when I was buying it. He said what you saw was everything... Oh well, I can order it from M&D mower. Thanks for the input.
              Cheers,
              Chris

Comment

I have 3, 1 is xtra if you want it just pay shipping and it's yours I am looking at it sitting up against the wall right now please take it lol probably like 5.00 shipping will have to weight it but shipping cant be more than 60.00 LOL
                American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

mcarr184,
                  I have sent a PM. Thanks to all who looked!
                  Cheers,
                  Chris

Comment

just to make shure you have the mounting fixture for the blade guard ( Correct ) ?

Comment

I sent you a private message call me or let me call you so that we can work everything out

Comment

I've got a brand new Jet guard and my old Rockwell guard, both new, never used!! Think they might fit? LOL Personally, i'm not a big fan of all the crap the manufacturers hang on their tools for "safety". In 30 some years of woodworking, i've only had ONE kickback that hit me in the nuts, learned fast were NOT to stand!!! In reality, kickbacks are much more common in politics and big business than in wood working!

Mark
                        Last edited by The Wood Meister; 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM. Reason: bad spelling due to being stoned on lacquer funes!~
                        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
                        X