X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EB4424 Oscillating Spindle Sander

Hey Folks: I'm in the market for a belt / spindle / disk sanding station and noticed the EB4424 at HD. Also note that (according to the info from the Ridgid site) there is a 1/2" sanding sleeve in the box but no 1/2" drum. The 3/4", 1", 1 1/2" and 2" items come with both sleeves and drums. What gives here, and where would I get a 1/2" drum? Thanks, -- Michael.

Re: EB4424 Oscillating Spindle Sander

Hi Michael!

I had the same feeling when I first got the machine. I thought they'd forgotten to include that one! Turns out you don't need it. For the 1/2 inch, you don't need the drum. I've used mine several times and the rubber sleeve really isn't needed. The others have a drum as they need to make up the difference between the metal rod of the spindle and the circumference of the paper.

I'm really pleased with the sanding station. It's been a tremendous help on many projects. Hooks right up to the vac, and that keeps the dust down really well. All the tools required are on-board. Changing from the belt to the spindle is simple and tool-less. All the parts are housed on the machine, so nothing gets lost!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks VASandy, for very good information. Now that others have said that the 4 1/2" long cylinders are available everywhere (except HD), I expect I'll go ahead and get one. -- Michael.

Comment

You can also find the sleeves at Amazon. I went to power tools, and did a search for Ridgid Sandpaper. They all came up. Good variety of grits, even.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X