Ridgid and Home Depot are making a huge mistake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid and Home Depot are making a huge mistake

Seeing the tools assembled and being able to "play" with them is what sealed the decision to buy them...I bought the J/P, TS and DP all on the same day, I'm still hesitant about the BS, but, we'll see if the quality improves on that...back on subject, why would anyone take a risk into investing into a major shoptool based on pictures is besides me? Hopefully this is just a fluke and doesn't become "policy" with any of the home centers...
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

This wasn't Rigid's decision, it was a Home Depot Corporate Change. All the largest stores in the entire country are being "refreshed" in all departments. Why they chose to get rid of all the large power tool displays baffles everyone I have talked to. Apparently they expect customers to choose their large expensive tools by reading a sign. I'd rather shop on the internet if I was going to do that.

Jamiaz

P.S. Been reading these forums a while now, I finally decided to join.

Comment

Jamiaz, Welcome to the forum. Glad we finally pulled you in . This whole display thing was new news to me until I saw it on the forum yesterday. I hope its just something HD is trying not something long term. I make my purchases based off opinions of other users but hands on contact with a product is important to me too. Curious to see how this whole thing plays out.

Later,

Josh

Comment

If this is adecision of HD and not Ridgid, then HD should be bombarded with letters of complaints and/or threats to take business somewhere else.

Comment

i live in western canada and the same think has happened. i have a procard and shop at hd daily. at the 4 stores in my city i have seen 1 table saw and 1 band saw left on display andwhen they go thats the end.
            how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

I Bought My 3650 Less Than 3 Weeks Ago, After Having Done A Ton Of Research. Be It Known Though I Would Have Not Purchased It If I Could Not " Put My Hands On It! " There Decision To Discontinue These Items will Come Back To Bite Them In The *** Definetivly. These Are High Dollar Big Ticket Items, And I Think They Are Going To Suffer More Than They Can Conceive.

Drdeadchef

W.a.l.s.t.i.b.

Comment

This is only a guess, but could it be that Home Depot is going to switch to some other brand or maybe just quit selling woodworking machinery? Time will tell. In my area (Mid Atlantic) I'm seeing ground breaking all over for more brand new super sized Lowes stores. Maybe HD is up to something insane like becoming "Depot Mart" a takeoff of K-Mart and Walmart. Oh well, more power to the serious tool and machinery dealers. I would rather buy from them anyway. They know what they sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Jamiaz, Welcome to the forum. Glad we finally pulled you in . This whole display thing was new news to me until I saw it on the forum yesterday. I hope its just something HD is trying not something long term. I make my purchases based off opinions of other users but hands on contact with a product is important to me too. Curious to see how this whole thing plays out.

Later,

Josh
                  Josh since your the administrator I assume you work for Ridgid. I hope the powers to be at Ridgid were aware of the Home Depots decision.

I would find out because if they didn't know and aren't vigorously objecting I think they simply don't know their market. It might be time to start looking for a job.

As I understand it, this isn't a test but a decision made by HD corporate to maximize space in HD's
                  Rev Ed

Comment

In our little town (well, the city of Winchester at least), there's a Sears, Lowe's and Home Depot within a half-mile of each other. The HD and Lowe's are just about next to each other. Personally, all this means is I quit going to HD and give my business to the other guys. Too bad for HD. They had some tremendously skilled people in their tool department. It's a shame the company doesn't see the benefit of catering to the more serious woodworker. Too bad...I'm sure the other stores will stock up and get ready for us!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Displays are still on the floor in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Repeating what's already been said, there's a slim chance in h*** that I'm going to spend a few hundred bucks on something that I can't put my hands on first. Passed on a heck of a deal on the Jet cabinet saw before Christmas for that very reason, none in my area to touch!!

Comment

All the more reason to stop shopping at H.D. I like Lowe's much better...

Comment

What is the chance of Lowes selling Ridgid tools?

Comment

I think not displaying the items is mistake too. Grizzly seems to do well with mail order, but they have to offer a more upscale machine for a middle of the road prices to attract people, and even then there are many people who won't buy big ticket items without seeing them first regardless of the deal.

Comment

They're doing it on Long Island too. There are about 5 stores within 5 miles of my house, and 3 out of the 5 already made the switch, i expect the other 2 to not be far behind.

Its a good thing i got my 3650 in early jan when they were still out on display.

Comment

okay I guess this is definately true nation wide so heres a question- (not to say that I would leave this forum that ive really been enjoying) Does anyone know some kind of Lowes forum? Maybe Lowes customers are experiencing troubles that we dont know about and switching to Home Depot!
                                Just a thought. Either way I'm glad CT has some major tool warehouses. The prices at these HD and Lowes for power tools and such are crazy! Yet Im going to HD again today for carpet because Lowes didnt have the one I wanted, I cant win.

Comment

Working...
                                X