X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid and Home Depot are making a huge mistake

So I stopped by the Pontiac, Home Depot today. The same one I visited about two weeks ago. The one that told me there weren't any MaxSelect Ridgid tools. The one that said they never carried them...though they had special shelves full of them at Xmas.

Surprise, Surprise.

The MaxSelect tools were on the shelf with all the other tools. They were mixed around. They had all of them except the new grinder. Plus, they had the battery packs and chargers.

I was looking for the "associate" who told me they didn't make them, they didn't stock them and they never did...but he wasn't around. Hmmmm...wonder if he was retired.

Comment

No he was there, lurking around the corner and watching your every move, LOL..
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Disaster - Did you happen to see the MaxSelect 24v Impact Driver? I would be shocked, if HD actually had this tool in stock. Also, you referred to a new grinder. Is there actually a MaxSelect 24v grinder? I didn't see any mention of this tool on the web site. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by brianss View Post
          Disaster - Did you happen to see the MaxSelect 24v Impact Driver? I would be shocked, if HD actually had this tool in stock. Also, you referred to a new grinder. Is there actually a MaxSelect 24v grinder? I didn't see any mention of this tool on the web site. Thx.
          No driver. Grinder was a mental lapse on my part. I meant they had all the tools but the MaxSelect Impact Driver.

Comment

I noticed that HD now has Ridgid shovels. What's next? Ridgid gardening gloves?
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
              I noticed that HD now has Ridgid shovels. What's next? Ridgid gardening gloves?
              The shovel is a not an uncommon tool for plumbers to use, Ridgid's classic market. I'm keeping my eye out for the Ridgid post hole digger someone mentioned in another post. It sounds like it will work a lot better on deep holes...where regular post hole diggers fail because the handles hit the edges of the hole.

Comment

Keep your eyes open as some Home Depot locations now have a new heavy duty RIDGID post hole digger. I saw one and it looks very good. I can't find it on the Ridgid web site and the other thread has yet to get any feedback of value from someone at Ridgid. I have a feeling this may be a brand new test item.

Comment

I'm a pretty commited Ridgid user, having the TS3650, the bandsaw, the planer, a shop-vac, and the air filtration thing.

However, HD's idiocy has lost two rather large sales, one of which was a Ridgid jointer. The other was a $500 SCMS. This was over the last 6 months. So this thread now clarifies, perhaps, the reason why.. Anyway.

Both of my local HD's only had floor models of the jointer. I asked about getting a jointer, as the Ridgid model was at the top of my list, due largely to it's reviews and the included features. Every apron I spoke to said they didn't have any in stock, and didn't know when they'd be getting any. Mind you, this was about 5 months ago. They also would not sell me the display model (WTH!?) So, after waiting a few weeks to see if anyone knew *anything* about the possibility of me being *able* to purchase a jointer at HD, I decided to just get the JET from Woodcraft during a 15% off sale. I bought the display model from Woodcraft. It was in *immaculate* condition and perfectly setup... and I mean calibrated to the point that it saved me several hours when I got it home. With the discount it came out to $30 less than I would've paid at HD anyway (even using a 10% off coupon at HD). To be honest, I really, really like the JET so part of me is glad. But overall I was just utterly disappointed with HD.

This snafu occurred after I tried to purchase a Bosch 4410L SCMS through HD. They don't carry it in store. After 4 un-returned phone calls to the tool section, I finally got in touch with someone who gave me a price... $10 more than the website. Fine. When I called back another day to order it, the price had gone up $120 more than the website, and no one was "in" that could actually order it. I wound up buying it from Amazon for $30 less and it was en route within 24 hours.

Nearly $1000 in purchases lost primarily due to incompetence.
                  Overall, I avoid buying at HD if I can find another source-- especially for lumber. Obviously Ridgid and Ryobi tools still require a trip to the orange hole... but by and large, I'm done with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X