X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 fence problem?

I did a quick search here but came up with nothing. I got my 3650 almost 2 months ago, but only really got to use it last night (it got way too cold to be in the unheated garage this past month)

I was ripping a 2 1/2" piece of plywood about 36" long. When i laid the wood down against the fence, I couldn't get the wood to lay flat b.c the bracket that is triangular that attaches the fence to the rail is higher than the top of the saw table. Now I'm wondering if the fence or rail is too high? or is this just something i have to deal with? Do any of your fences sit too high? The way I see it now is that the rail can go any lower, and if the fence goes lower it will not slide properly.

I've extracted a page from the owners manual to show you the part I'm having trouble with.

And now for part two: 2 times yesterday I heard a loud thud upon startup. Is it possible that the belt is loose? or not true anymore b/c its been out in the cold in the same position for a month? Once it starts up in runs very smooth, its just the initial startup. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Drew
    Attached Files

Re: 3650 fence problem?

It appears to me that when you installed the rail system the front rail at least was installed a tad too high. There is some play in the mounting holes so I'd just loosen the bolts a little, reposition the rail a little lower, then tighten everything back up again.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Not sure about your fence problem, but it sounds like your rails are too high. As far as the "thud", look under "General Tool Discussion" for garager's post "TS 3650 Kick"
      Jim

Comment

Agreed, sounds like your front rails are a bit too high. I would try lowering them a tad. It should be low enough that your fence just clears the table (I think the manual says something about allowing a couple of sheets of paper under it is all or around there). If you are able to hit where are you are, chances are you will also have some issues if you ever try to cut anything thin.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
          Agreed, sounds like your front rails are a bit too high. I would try lowering them a tad. It should be low enough that your fence just clears the table (I think the manual says something about allowing a couple of sheets of paper under it is all or around there). If you are able to hit where are you are, chances are you will also have some issues if you ever try to cut anything thin.

manual states to space the gap between the table and fence 8 pages thick using the actual manual...but i guess you can "fine tune it" to your liking just as long as the fence doesn't hit the table
          How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

Working...
          X