X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attaching items to table saw fence

I recently got a TS3650 and it is working great. One thing I was wondering though, is how do you attach stuff to the channels on the fence. It must take some kind of square headed nut or bolt. But where do you find hardware like this?
    Also while setting up the saw I could not get the pulley's to line up perfectly.
    The pulley on the saw looks like this. ||
    And the motor looks like this. \\
    It's not that exagurated but it is definitely not parallel. I tried adjusting this by adding washers between the motor and mount on the pulley side to try and twist the motor back a little but it didn't help much.

Re: attaching items to table saw fence

Mine is not exactly straight either but has never caused a problem.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

RTFM; You should have had three bolts 'left over' from your build (TS Assembly). These are to be used to attach accessories such as a sacrificial fence, feather boards, jigs, etc. to the factory fence.

For the pulley alignment issue you should be able to get the pulleys coplanar. If they are not you will have vibration problems and premature belt wear and maybe some other problems. You need to align the pulleys, you can place a good straight edge along side the pulleys and check them much as you would your bandsaw wheels (if you have a BS you'll know what I mean). You should be able to 'eyeball' them sighting along side the two pulleys. Shimming with washers as you describe should not be necessary. I have been wrong before, but I can't remember anyone on here that had to do that to get their motor and arbor pulleys aligned.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 03-01-2007, 06:41 PM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

¼" hex head bolts will fit into the slot. That's what I use.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have also used toilet bolts to fit in the T-slots on the table and fence.
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
          X