X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hilti Rotary Hammer Drill

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
    stroker,

did you speak with the hilti rep at your local hd. if not, find out (through contractor services) when he will be, or call another location. i know one hd by me where the hilti rep is there 5 days a week, 40 hours. they preach that they get you the tool back in 3 days.

just curious, most hilti tools are either made in china or mexico now. is it a mexican made one?

Made in Lichtenstein

Comment

WAAAAIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      before everybody get their pants in a bundle, let me explain, i'm not talking about a rotary hammer, i'm talking about the drills, cordless drills(wich by the way hilti sucks, very unconfortable and VERY expensive)), etc.... NOT HAMMERDRILL....

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post

As far as comparing BMW to Mercedes - there's no comparison either - BMW is trash in comparison.
        i'm sorry, but everybody's wrong.....if you want German, buy VW......(although BMW IS better than Merc).

Comment

i prefer the looks and style of the BMWs over the mercedes though i have never driven either one, but what do i know i like my chevolet's
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
            just curious, most hilti tools are either made in china or mexico now. is it a mexican made one?
            Not to be a nit picker but Hilti only makes two tools (4 1/2" angle grinder, and .22 PAT) in China and a small portion of their cordless line is made by Panasonic in Mexico (batteries are made in Japan however). Most of Hilti's tools especially their more innovative products are still produced in Europe (Liechtenstein, Germany and Austria in particular) due to patent laws that are easier to enforce.

Comment

just wondering if anyone who has posted in this thread actually has any knowledge or an answer for what the deal is rather than cars?

Comment

Any word yet on the beat peice or where you got the info on the chucks from?

Comment

Sorry for going off track.

I assume you mean the bit is not engaging the bit holder properly. It could be the pins in the holder that engage the SDS+ bits are stripped out but I've never seen that. If I see the Hilti rep tomorrow I will ask him if he has any suggestion as to what it could be...

Comment

http://us.hilti.com/holus/modules/te...btype=drilling

The schematics for the TE-24 are about halfway down in PDF format. It breaks down the tool quite well and might help you find the problematic piece. It's a bit hard for me to target the problem without actually seeing the tool.

Comment

Like i told you , you can find your breakdown on the hilti site.i have been working on hilti tools for along time,there are just a few that come close to there hammerdrills,(hitachi,bosch,dewalt).if you want you can ship me your tool and i will go over it ,but i am along way away.the three other chucks i had mentioned that will interchange with your te 24 is on the te25 breakdown.sure there are some hiltis that are not worth the money but for the most part they are a well built tool,and not one of our so called american tools come close to the germans,they are the best tools i have worked on.(fein,bosch,fest,ect.)there tools are tight nice tolerancec and less slop.but they have a tendence to overkill on the enginering.
                      chic.
                      A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Working...
                      X