Hilti Rotary Hammer Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilti Rotary Hammer Drill

I have a Hilti TE24 rotary hammer drill that I recently bought, but am still having a problem getting the bit to spin. The ram will spin and hammers, but it won't engage the drill bit holder and spin the bit. Any ideas would help. Thanks

Re: Hilti Rotary Hammer Drill

Sounds like the chuck is bad.look down inside the chuck to see if the balls that hold the bit are in there.i am pretty sure you turn that chuck to lock the bit in.if it locks in and does not hit than your beat peice is jammed.i will post the chuck part # if you want it.it cost about 120.00 bucks.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

well i went back and pulled up the parts list on the te24.there are 4 different chucks.i will give the part# for the chuck that i always see.the chuck on the te24 does not twist to lock the bit in it twist so you can pull it off.now is your drill in rotory mode oor in just chipping mode.there is a lever for these functions.the chuck part# is 277057.let me no what happens.

Comment

I think my chuck is fine, and when i put it back together i put those two balls for the sds bit in it, but the bit does stay in. Between the ram ( the end of it is circular with 6 slots) and the chuck that holds the bit there is nothing there. I am thinking the slotted end of the ram should fit into a piece between the chuck and the ram but i dont see anywhere on the chuck that even if it had that piece, would engage it. It has 2 functions: hammer and drill, and both work fine, but neither transfer over to the chuck and bit.

Comment

It"s sounding like your beat peice is missing.I am pretty sure you can pull up a parts breakdown off of the hilti site. let me know if you need a breakdown.
          chic.

Comment

It seemed like something might have been missing in there. Yes i would appreciate it and i was also wondering where you found the information on the 4 different types of chucks th te24 accepts? Oh yes, and more thing....it has the spring loaded forward/backward lock on the chuck.
            Last edited by stroker73; 03-02-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Hit it wth a hammer. Throw it on the ground - really hard. Smash it against a tree. You get the idea. That is what the guys I work with do with them. Of course they don't actually own the tools themselves and most of the time their tactics don't work.

I have a couple of Hilti tools, a continuous feed drywall gun and a .22 cal. continuous feed nail gun. Both have served me well but they require maintenance. The machining is so precise that the least amount of dirt, dust or other yuck stuff will cause mine to malfunction. They have to be kept clean. You might want to try taking the thing apart and see if some foreign object has lodged in the drill somewhere.

You may be able to get some help at HD. In our area HD rents Hilti tools and the mechanic in the rental area is friendly, knowledgeable and helpfull. I had to send my .22 cal. gun back to Hilti for a rebuild. One day shipping to Pennsylvania from Albany, a day to recon the thing and a day shipping back. In three days I had my gun back. That is pretty good service as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Hilti tool.

Tom

Comment

Tried at HD also, but unlike yours, the people at ours should probably all be working in the gardening section.

Comment

I have a Hilti TE-15 hammerdrill, and to be honest, it is the best tool i have EVER owned. After about 7 years of service, it have not given me the slightest bit of trouble. The only problem i have with hilti, is that their newer tools are very expensive. I would rather go for a ridgid or that is 1/3 of the price and in most cases just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by NelisE View Post
                    I have a Hilti TE-15 hammerdrill, and to be honest, it is the best tool i have EVER owned. After about 7 years of service, it have not given me the slightest bit of trouble. The only problem i have with hilti, is that their newer tools are very expensive. I would rather go for a ridgid or that is 1/3 of the price and in most cases just as good.

Just as good? ahhhhhh NO! Not even close...

Ridgid doesn't compare to Hilti.

Ridgid doesn't make Powder Actuated Tools, Demo Hammers and breakers, rotory lasers, etc...

It's like comparing Hyundai to Mercedes.

Comment

Ridgid has a big roto-hammer? I have to see this. LOL No way will I buy it until it's proven itself in the field for a few years.

For people that think Hilti is overpriced, think of what the total cost of ownership is over 5 years. Then they don't seem so bad.

Comment

stroker,

did you speak with the hilti rep at your local hd. if not, find out (through contractor services) when he will be, or call another location. i know one hd by me where the hilti rep is there 5 days a week, 40 hours. they preach that they get you the tool back in 3 days.

just curious, most hilti tools are either made in china or mexico now. is it a mexican made one?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                          Just as good? ahhhhhh NO! Not even close...

Ridgid doesn't compare to Hilti.

Ridgid doesn't make Powder Actuated Tools, Demo Hammers and breakers, rotory lasers, etc...

It's like comparing Hyundai to Mercedes.
                          i've demoed the hilti jigsaws and impact driver. i would choose the ridgid over both. might be unfair because the ridgid impact driver is 14.4v and the hilti is 12 (and over $100 more), but the hilti takes a fair amount of time to drive through ptl, while the ridgid did it twice as fast. the hilti rep told me the jigsaw didn't vibrate much while running free on a table top...it moved quite a bit. for precision, i'll take the ridgid (my german made version especially), it's just steps behind the 1590.

not all hilti products are great. they make some really nice tools, but blanketing either ridgid as hyundai and hilti as mercedes (which to me fails to connote quality, should have used BMW) is preposterous: a) because their product mix is so different, and b) because ridgid does make some really nice tools, and some that are higher rated by users and publications.

i borrowed a hilti breaker from a buddy, which i thought was great. i've never used a brute, or another make, so i don't have a line of comparison. but some of the hilti tools i've used excelled amongst the competition and others were less desirable.

Comment

The German made Ridgid power tools were pretty darn good. Their RS1000 (replaced by the RS1001) 4-1/2" angle grinder was METABO built under a special contract. I bet your (CMW's and others) Ridgid jigsaw was made by them too. Please see this link. Does this one seem much like the German Ridgid one? I didn't get to see it at HD so I really can't say.

(Jigsaw) http://www.metabousa.com/metabo/hand..._11000_62.html

(Angle Grinder) http://www.metabousa.com/metabo/hand..._06204_42.html

Let's see here,,,What brand of pipe cutter, threader or pipe wrench would you want to buy? Just a thought.
                            Last edited by Woussko; 03-07-2007, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Yes when the Ridgids first came out, the had a jig saw, RO sander, and 1/2 drill, that were made in Germany by Matabo. Those were excellent.

I'm sure not all Hilti products are the best choice for a particular application, but they are among the best when it comes to heavy duty breakers and PATs.
                              Although the Bosch Brutes are quite amazing as well.

As far as comparing BMW to Mercedes - there's no comparison either - BMW is trash in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X