Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA - Warranty Period did say "Lifetime" in eBox, now reads "3 years" - why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA - Warranty Period did say "Lifetime" in eBox, now reads "3 years" - why?

First of all, thanks to everyone for all the product info, reviews and suggestions I've gleaned from these forums over the past few months. I've been a visitor for about three months, but this is my first post. I love Ridgid tools, but unfortunately, I'm not real happy with Ridgid's support staff right now.

I had read about a few people having trouble getting their LSA or not receiving their free MaxSelect tool with a recent promotion, so I was a little skeptical prior to purchasing the R932 kit. I bought the R932 4-pc 24vLI combo kit in early January for $317. What a deal! I love it! I registered the kit online and then mailed in the paperwork for the LSA and the free MaxSelect tool. A few weeks later, I checked my eBox and there it was: "LIFETIME" next to Warranty Period. Awesome! Then a few days later, I received my free MaxSelect Jigsaw by mail! Incredible! I am a very happy customer at this point.

So a few weeks later, after purchasing a Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac and the MSUV, I check my eBox again. Now the Warranty Period reads "3 years" again. What's the deal, here?

So I submitted a support request stating that I had already submitted the paperwork for the LSA and also that my eBox did show "Lifetime" for a short time, but now it's back to "3 years." The initial response I got indicated that marketing had improperly setup the kit in the registration files, but that problem has been corrected. I replied and re-stated my story, only to be told again that the status would be changed once the paperwork is processed by the LSA processing group. Well, my paperwork was received and was processed by the LSA processing group, but my eBox now shows "3 years" under the Warranty Period. Is anyone else having this issue?

-O&B (who's sorry that his first post had to be a negative one).

Re: LSA - Warranty Period did say "Lifetime" in eBox, now reads "3 years" - why?

I can't say I've had a problem [yet], but I have wondered how long it takes to get any feedback from Ridgid about LSA applications. I bought my TS3650 last Dec 24th and mailed the paperwork in on Jan 8th, but I haven't heard a peep from Ridgid and my eBox still indicates I have a 3 yr warranty period.

So if anyone in the know responds to O&B's post...how long does it normally take to get a response from Ridgid for LSA? And do you get snail mail notification, or is eBox the only notification you get?

- djb
    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Re: LSA - Warranty Period did say "Lifetime" in eBox, now reads "3 years" - why?

Once you've mailed in the paperwork for the qualified tool it should take about 6 to 8 weeks for you to receive your LLSA ID Card by return mail. I got mine back in 6 weeks IIRC. When you receive that ID Card put it in a safe place. You'll need it if you ever have to have a tool fixed or a part replaced.

O&B, are you saying that the warranty on your kit reverted back to 3 years or are you referring to the MSUV and Vac you just purchased. If you're talking about the MSUV and Vac, neither of those qualify for the LLSA.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

BadgerDave,
        I haven't received my LLSA ID card in the mail yet. But my online Ridgid eBox did show "Lifetime" under warranty period about 3 weeks after mailing the paperwork. But then a couple weeks later, it reverted back to "3 years" for the 4-pc combo kit!

-O&B

Comment

I'd give Ridgid Customer Service another call at 800-474-3443 and ask for Barbara. Initially when I registered for the LLSA I mailed my paperwork to the wrong address. Barbara was very helpful to me in getting that confusion all straightened around.
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I called Customer Service, per BadgerDave's suggestion. I was told Barbara now works in Accounting, so I spoke to Stephanie in the Promotions Dept. She was very nice and fixed my issue while I was on the phone! My eBox now shows "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" for each took in the kit! She also confirmed there was some glitch in the system. THANKS A MILLION, STEPHANIE!!! My confidence in the Orange & Greay has been restored!!!
            -O&B

Comment

I followed your example and called CS. The guy told me I'm just not in their system yet but should be soon. When I asked him to define "soon" he said probably not until the end of April or May. I sent the paperwork in 08-Jan.

- djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

The last time I registered a tool (the 2 nail gun/drill package) it took just over 3 months to show up in my eBox as LSA. Give them a bit more time DJB, this process can be slow at times it seems.
                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue View Post
                  ........I called Customer Service, per BadgerDave's suggestion. I was told Barbara now works in Accounting,..........
                  I hope a big raise came with the new job.

Comment

From what I understand, if you DONT register for the LSA you still are covered by a 3 year warranty. There was a limited time in 2003 (when Ridgid first got into the cordless market at HD) that LSA was only available for a limited time. Then it went to 3 year for all. Finally (and ever since) they went to the registration plan

Comment

Working...
                    X