12" miter alignment issues when tilted to 45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" miter alignment issues when tilted to 45

I have adjusted the fence so the the blade rests square when it is a 0 degrees, but when I tilt it over to 45 it doesnt cut cut a straight bevel???

Re: 12" miter alignment issues when tilted to 45

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem on a 10" CMS new right out of the box.

At first I couldn't get the miter square to the fence and learned from another post on this forum about adjusting 2 additional bolts (part #16). Now I notice the bevel flares a bit. This is before I have made a single cut and was just assembling the saw enough to cut the kerf plate.

I am wonder if this is typical or if I should take it back and try another. I also bought a DeWalt and am trying to decide between the two. The DeWalt was square out of the box.

Comment

I also have the 10" with the same bevel issue. Darn thing is perfectly square with straight cuts too. With the arm down the front of the blade is off to the left. I cut a piece of like 5 1/4 inch trim and it's darn near an eighth of an inch from being straight. The other problem I have is that I bought the saw in Dec of 2005 and didn't use it until about 2 months ago with the first bevel use being 1 month ago. Kinda hard to return or exchange it now. I can't really send it off to be fixed either because I'm in the finishing stages of a house remodel and need it. Guess I'll have to go sweet talk Home Depot.

Comment

Here's what I did to fix mine. I dug up the receipt from Dec 30, 2005 and took the saw back to HD. I asked for the manager and explained the issue and that it's a manufacturing defect that hasn't been fixed (found this out on another thread here http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11268

I was given store credit and I walked out with the 10" Dewalt. It cuts great.

Comment

I took my MS1290LZ back to HD today (less than 90 days from purchase). Talked to the hardware manager ("Mr. T" LOL)and they took it back even though I didn't have the box etc. Good guys at the local HD! I made a copy of the main thread on problems with the 1290 and showed it to the manager. He asked to keep it and I gladly obliged. He said he was going to bring the issue up with the Ridgid rep next time he is in. My HD processed the return as a "RTV", which I take it means "Return To Vendor". They use that when the cause for the return is a manufacturing defect, so maybe Ridgid will do something about this defect.

Comment

Lets see if someone at quality control finally figures out they've probaly been manufacturing most of them out of acceptable tolerances for at least two years.

Comment

Would've thought they'd be monitoring this forum given it's their forum and all...

I'm about to return my 10" when I have a chance for the same reason. Too bad they can't make a tool that isn't misaligned. The Lifetime Service is worthless under those circumstances...

Comment

Working...
              X