Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Hello... I'm new here.

Since the search filters out FAQ as too short, I figured spelling it out here might help new folks like me.

The Lifetime Limited Service Agreement or LLSA seems to add great value to great tools. I does lead to a lot of question about registration, though. I went through a lot of messages to find answers... I got most, but not all of my questions answered. Maybe this topic will get most of the answers in one thread so fewer new folks won't keep asking the same questions over and over.

So, experts, I humbly ask for your help on behalf of myself and the new folks that will be pests if they don't find answers quickly and easily. (I'm as lazy as most folks)

The question I still have is:
    If I just purchased a combo kit, do I register the included pieces/tools individually, or just the combo kit?

Thanx,

24Vuser

For the benefit of the other new folks...

Other frequent questions are:

Is registration mandatory for the lifetime agreement?

Is there a time limit to registration for the LLSA?

Do I need to send-in a COPY of my receipt and the ORIGINAL UPC?

Do I register the batteries when I register the tool/charger they came with?

If I bought the tool/battery on ebay, is the LLSA transferable?

If I register a tool online, but don't send in the UPC, do I get the 3yr. warranty?

Do I need to use an official Ridgid Service Provider for the LLSA?

How will I know I have qualified lifetime service, and how long will it take?

What documents/record should I keep to ensure my LLSA will be honored?

I hope that covers most common registration questions. If there are others, please add them. I'm too new to supply the answers with any authority, so I again humbly ask the experts here to answer the above Qs. It might actually keep NooBs like myself from draggin y'all over this sutf repeatedy. Many thanx.
    Nope
    0.00%
    Barely
    0.00%
    Yep
    57.14%
    Very
    42.86%
    Missing vital element (add comment below)
    0.00%

Re: Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Originally posted by 24Vuser View Post
    Hello... I'm new here.

Since the search filters out FAQ as too short, I figured spelling it out here might help new folks like me.

The Lifetime Limited Service Agreement or LLSA seems to add great value to great tools. I does lead to a lot of question about registration, though. I went through a lot of messages to find answers... I got most, but not all of my questions answered. Maybe this topic will get most of the answers in one thread so fewer new folks won't keep asking the same questions over and over.

So, experts, I humbly ask for your help on behalf of myself and the new folks that will be pests if they don't find answers quickly and easily. (I'm as lazy as most folks)

The question I still have is:
    If I just purchased a combo kit, do I register the included pieces/tools individually, or just the combo kit?
    When I registered my kit, I registered it as a kit and also
    registered each piece individually. When registering the kit when it came to entering a serial number, I just repeated the serial number of one of the tools.

Thanx,

24Vuser

For the benefit of the other new folks...

Other frequent questions are:

Is registration mandatory for the lifetime agreement? = YES

Is there a time limit to registration for the LLSA? = Not Sure

Do I need to send-in a COPY of my receipt and the ORIGINAL UPC? = YES

Do I register the batteries when I register the tool/charger they came with? = YES

If I bought the tool/battery on ebay, is the LLSA transferable? = NO

If I register a tool online, but don't send in the UPC, do I get the 3yr. warranty? YES

Do I need to use an official Ridgid Service Provider for the LLSA? = YES

How will I know I have qualified lifetime service, and how long will it take? You will receive by return mail a registration card with you own registration number. Keep it safe as you'll need the card if your tool(s) need to be serviced or replaced. It usually takes 6 - 10 weeks to received the card.

What documents/record should I keep to ensure my LLSA will be honored? = See answer to the above question.

I hope that covers most common registration questions. If there are others, please add them. I'm too new to supply the answers with any authority, so I again humbly ask the experts here to answer the above Qs. It might actually keep NooBs like myself from draggin y'all over this sutf repeatedy. Many thanx.
    My answers to the above questions are what I understand is the correct manner in which to register your tools.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Hi all,

Great idea! I JUST registered my first items in my ebox... R932 4pc 24V kit. It was fairly painless, but the tools all had the same serial #? The batteries had the same serial too.. and the charger's serial # was the beginning part of each of the tools' serial numbers. I have to register my 12" miter and MSUV next.

Anyways, you have 90 days from purchase to register for the LSA. However, I have an email from Support in my ebox back in November that says the 90 days is "basically overlooked." I sold a brand new, never registered 4 pc R921 kit on ebay a while back, and sent the buyer a copy of the original receipt. It was well outside of the 90 days, and when support responded, they said it was fine, and send in the receipt and they would register it.

And yes, it is my understanding you can buy Ridgid tools NEW off of ebay and register them for LSA, AS LONG AS they are new, the were not registered for the LSA already, and you receive a copy of the original receipt (or original receipt) and original UPC (no copies) so you can send it in.

Kind regards,
      -Ed

Comment

FastEddie,

The key with buying from E-Bay or anyone else, or receiving a Ridgid tool as a gift, is that you have the original receipt (or a good copy). That makes you look like the original purchaser. Also, you absolutely MUST HAVE the original UPC. Then and only then, will your registration be legit.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          FastEddie,

The key with buying from E-Bay or anyone else, or receiving a Ridgid tool as a gift, is that you have the original receipt (or a good copy). That makes you look like the original purchaser. Also, you absolutely MUST HAVE the original UPC. Then and only then, will your registration be legit.

CWS
          Exactly, several calls to Ridgid Support back in November cleared that up for me, that's why I wanted to share the info and stated above:

And yes, it is my understanding you can buy Ridgid tools NEW off of ebay and register them for LSA, AS LONG AS they are new, the were not registered for the LSA already, and you receive a copy of the original receipt (or original receipt) and original UPC (no copies) so you can send it in.
          I think we're saying the same thing. Thanks for the confirmation! And also thanks for pointing out that those requirements stand for not just buying off of ebay, but receiving the tools in any other way besides purchasing them yourself.

Kind regards,
          -Ed

Comment

Great post 24v user. We may have to organize this a bit better and make it into a sticky.

Josh

Comment

Where would I find the serial number for the r4330 planer I found a number starting with BA0721 but not think that is it
              And please give me the part number for the knives or blades what ever we want to call them for this unit . Thanks
              Last edited by bubbabear; 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Can anyone else help on this one. I don't know where to find the serial.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                X