Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is the E-Box screwed up or is it just me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is the E-Box screwed up or is it just me...

I just tried to log in to my e-box and there are som major codeing problems with it as far as it loading and also the fact that the majority of the tool that I have in there no longer have the warenty period listed ?

come on Josh tell your IT guys not to impliment a new layout until all the bugs are worked out...
    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Re: why is the E-Box screwed up or is it just me...

Ill forward this off to the ebox people.

Josh

Comment

Now I am finally in the ebox with a warranty of 3 years and this should be saying lifetime. I put my card into the mail on Nov. 28th 2006, I think my waiting period should be done by now, wouldn't you think? I talked to customer service last week about this and she said it would be done soon, back up on things, so E-mail from Ridgid shows up today and says been taken care of and go look at your ebox. So I did and it says 3 years, must be typo era, right? Well I sure hope so. Time to deal with them again, guess I have nothing better to do....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Just finished talking with Ridgid customer service, I am registered with life time warranty, it shows that in their computer, but with my computer it says 3 year warranty, that must be, because we don't have the same type of computers, right? LOL... So in 3 years from now I won't have a warranty, on my tools from my computer, but they will have life time, I better not forget this, it's so dang confusing. I know shut up please.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

My Ebox says the same thing. I wonder if after 3 years, the Ebox will state "Lifetime Service Agreement" because the terms from RIDGID below state the lifetime service agreement will begin after the expiration of the 3-year warranty.

HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE DURING THE INITIAL 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
          The Lifetime Service Agreement commences after the expiration of the standard RIDGID® 3 year Limited Warranty. To obtain service for this RIDGID tool during the 3-year Service Warranty, you must return it, freight prepaid, to an authorized RIDGID service center for hand held and stationary power tools. You may obtain the location of the authorized service center nearest you by calling (tollfree) 1-866-539-1710 or by logging on to the RIDGID website at www.ridgidwoodworking.com.

LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR RIDGID® HAND HELD POWER TOOLS, STATIONARY POWER TOOLS AND PNEUMATIC TOOLS

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, for a limited time commencing April 15, 2005, on all RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

I haven't received anything in writing, so I am keeping a copy of this for my records.
          Last edited by onlycordless; 03-13-2007, 04:59 PM.
          http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by mcarr184 View Post
            I just tried to log in to my e-box and there are som major codeing problems with it as far as it loading and also the fact that the majority of the tool that I have in there no longer have the warenty period listed ?

come on Josh tell your IT guys not to impliment a new layout until all the bugs are worked out...
            mine is the same way all my tools that said lifetime service agreement now say 3yrs!!!!!!!!

Comment

Technically the warranty on Ridgid tools is 3 years so the eBoxes are correct when they state that. Although those with Ridgid tools that were manufactured by Emerson actually have lifetime warranties against mfg. defects. It would save a lot of confusion if they would add a line that gave the status of the tool as it pertains to whether or not it's in the LLSA Program or not. The LLSA is a great program but it sure does have a tendency to confuse people.
              ================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Well why can't they just have 2 different columns

Ridgid warranty..........3yrs............................ ...............................................LLS A Warranty Lifetime

Saw.........................3yrs -----------------------------------------Saw.........................................Lifeti me
                Drill..........................3yrs -----------------------------------------Drill..........................................Lif etime
                Wet/Dry Vac..............3yrs -----------------------------------------Wet/Dry Vac.............................Lifetime

and so forth, keep them separated like this is so much better to understand, in fact there should an expiration date for the Ridgid side. Then each company is responsible to enter the info, but share the same site. This is just an example, yes theres model #'s and all other info, to me this looks very simple, and it should be the very first page when you enter into your Ebox. Shoot, it didn't come out the way I typed it, so now it looks very confusing, sorry about that.There that looks a little better, had to add the dots and dashes or it looked like crap.
                Last edited by garager; 03-15-2007, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I don't know what is going on with this. Before they made the change to this new format, all of my tools were noted with the LLSA. I just checked the other night to see if my recently purchased tool which I registered at on Jan 2, 2007 had been added. NOW, I see that all my tools are marked with only the 3-year warranty and I don't see any mention of the LLSA.

I don't like this new layout as it appears to be confusingly elaborate. Why do we need all those columns for "Messages", "Surveys", "Today's Offers" and "Support" for each and every tool in our E-Box, when a single heading line (like they had before) would suffice?

Also the E-box has some snags with causes some additional work to even get into.

Hopefully Ridgid will get these bugs worked out quickly.

CWS

Comment

I work in the software and process controls industry, and for a lot of users who are accustomed to using a program, DCS graphics, etc., any change is bad.

If the new eBox layout was just a re-arrangement of information, some folks would complain a little until they got used to the new layout. The problem is that the information has changed. That's the real issue.

It appears the eBox layout is controlled by CustomerNation, not Ridgid(?) But Ridgid is ultimately responsible for it and should hear these comments from everyone. Has anyone tried calling Customer Support? My saw warranty says 3 yrs, but it was never upgraded to LLSA in the first place.

- djb
                    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

In the spirit of totally confusing everything, I offer the following: I checked my EBox 2 mins ago and ALL my tools, batteries, chargers say limited lifetime service agreement. What I am confused about is why the Ebox shows the combo kit type, i.e. 9212 or 932 or 921, as covered by the llsa and then goes on to show each individual combo kit tool as also llsa registered. I understand that it happens because the registration system prompts the input for the tools that way but it seems like the same info is recorded twice. Also, it looks like the current Ebox change referred to some old, inaccurate files as my Ebox shows info which was corrected (i.e., tools I didn't own were removed from the box) and is now once again incorrect (tools I don't own are now back in the Ebox). I'm just happy the tools are first rate.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes I talked to customer service and she says her screen shows my account as lifetime, and I'm looking at my screen at the same time and I told her mine shows 3 years, she goes well I don't understand why you are seeing 3 yrs. She told me not to worry because her computer is showing lifetime. OK, can't argue that now can we????????? I gave up, everybody else is complaining about it, there are 3 posts on this subject, so eventually the problem will be solved.

Comment

I also just checked my eBox and everything appears to be back to normal. All of my tools that qualify now show that they are covered under the LLSA.
                          ================================================== ====
                          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I had a similar problem a few weeks back before the eBox format change. My eBox had shown lifetime, then it changed back to 3 years for some unknown reason. One call to Customer Service and they changed it back to LLSA.

-O&B

Comment

YEE-HAW!! My eBox indicates the LLSA for my TS3650.

The entire registration process (from mailing receipt to getting eBox updated) took 78 days.

- djb

PS - Josh, the Forum link at the top of the eBox Login/Logoff page is bad:
                              http://www.ridgidforum.\com/forum/index.php
                              Need to lose the "\" in the link.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X