sanding belt/disk cleaners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanding belt/disk cleaners

I recently got a HF cheap cleaning stick for my sanders and wonder if there is any difference between that, the PC brand name ones (that look identical) the many different choices on Amazon etc.

Anyone here have a preference or opinion on the matter?
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: sanding belt/disk cleaners

Most cleaning sticks or blocks are simply crepe rubber.

An old friend of mine used to keep her eyes open while at flea markets, garage sales etc. for old shoes with crepe rubber soles or heels on them. She would often get them for free and give them to me for cleaning my belt sander, drum sander. spindle sander etc.
    However this was about 10 or 15 yrs. ago and I haven't seen crepe rubber souls since about that long ago

I wonder where a person can buy crepe rubber and if it's cheaper then blocks or sticks that have been labled as "sandpaper cleaning sticks"?

Things that make you go hmmmm
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post
      .........I wonder where a person can buy crepe rubber and if it's cheaper then blocks or sticks that have been labled as "sandpaper cleaning sticks"?

Things that make you go hmmmm
      Try eBay, they sell everything under the sun there. I've never tried it myself but I've also heard about using old tennis shoes to clean sanding discs and belts.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Hi BadgerDave

I did google "crepe rubber" and mostly got links to rubber bands, kids crepe puzzles, wholesale rubber distributors from the other side of the world etc. but I did find this one

They sell 2" square blocks of crepe rubber for .99¢ each

There must be others out there.... somewhere....

Like this one, didn't realize they were so cheap!

Cheers
        Last edited by jbergstrom; 03-15-2007, 03:55 AM.
        Cheers! - Jim
        -------------
        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

The ones from harbour freight work just fine, same as any other I have used

Comment

Working...
          X