Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid forum

hi all
    I know this is a ridgid forum ,but I can not help my self .
    the last few days have been spent helping a friend do a project , driving a 100 1/4 by 2.1/4 long lag bolts into 2x4 lumber with a new makita 18v impact driver on a single charge .
    I was so impressed that tool realy rocks .I hope ridgid comes out with one just as good

Re: ridgid forum

Let us know how it does with a hardwood.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have a makita impact cordless, it drives lagscrews fine. But I wouldn't even attempt that many lagscrews with it. I' d use my corded milwaukee magnum and be done with it.
      Just like I wouldn't go deer hunting with a .22 pistol.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Rafael,

If it’s the cordless 18v Lithium model, I know exactly what you are talking about. The driving power is incredible on this little 3lb beauty!
        Perfect for driving ¼” lags. Most of my construction friends are going with
        these cordless impact drivers now, they seem to like the 12volt Dewalt impact drivers, which are also great little drivers. But most of them are quite amazed after they give the Makita a try.

The word I here most after they give it a spin as " DANG "

Comment

yes it is the 18v lithium model

Comment

I have the makita 18v impact Lithium set with the compact 18 volt Lithium drill ( white drill) and love them both

I all so have the ridgid 14.4 impact and think its all right as well.
            ________
            toyota information
            Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X