Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very frustrated with Ridgid sawzall performance!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very frustrated with Ridgid sawzall performance!

I like the Lenox blades too. I've used the Bosch blades and they're great like their jig saw blades - made in Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by The Wood Meister View Post
      What is this "tool-less" blade change you speak of? Is it some new Star Trek gizmo? Both my DeWalts have hex keys!!! You mean there is something new and I missed it?

Mark
      Mark this is what the latest Dewalts look like

This is the one I have ->

Dewalt 10 amp DW304PK
      Lever-action keyless blade clamp for quick and easy blade changing...

Cheers!
      Attached Files
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Both my corded Ridgid and my cordless Ryobi have the Lever action blade change.

The Lenox Fire Rescue blades are the ones that I now use most, the Bosch seem ok but I've dulled them quickly. The Lenox lasts quite a while and I rarely have any problems with them. I have looked at the Lenox Gold blades and I am waiting for my Free one to come in the mail to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          Never had such an issue with my Milwaukee.
          Same here, Newman. I once owned a Ridgid cordless and had the same problem, plus more.
          the dog

Comment

• Cmjones
            Cmjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Ream the hole in the blade out. It's not the blade that's undersized, it's the lock nipple in the collar that's slightly oversized. I ream my Diablo Demon's with an awl before using them with no problems. The fat lug on the locking collar should be out from under the rubber guard on the nose of the saw, you'll know it's locked in then. I love this saw enough to prep my blades for it. Thank goodness Diablo's last 3x longer than most other blades!
            Last edited by Cmjones; 03-25-2015, 07:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
        Working...
        X