Expected run time for the cordless vacuum WD2450

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected run time for the cordless vacuum WD2450

It says for the cordless vacuum WD2450 the Run Time (on a single charge: 16 minutes (24v Lithium Ion).

What is the expected Run Time on a single charge for an 18v battery?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Re: Expected run time for the cordless vacuum WD2450

Doc

I don't think you'll like the lack of power running it on a 18 Volt battery. I wish I could just find one of them at Home Depot. In my area they hardly even know it's out yet.

If you have or plan on getting one, I do hope someone that's actually tried it comes along and posts more. The problem is that a tool made for a 24 Volt battery will seem pretty weak running on a 18 Volt battery.

Comment

16 minutes for run time, forget it. It takes me an hour to vacuum my truck, just kidding, however 16 minutes sure is not long enough time. They have it in my H.D. no price though, and nobody was around to ask. I am also curious as to the actual run time if somebody has and used one.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
        ...however 16 minutes sure is not long enough time.
        That's the same thing my old lady tells me...

Comment

The vacs are $99 at retail. The charger and battery are sold separately, so you either need to buy a starter kit, hammer drill, or combo kit to make it operable.

The 16 minutes is relative. You are correct, this would not be the tool if you needed 45 minutes of constant run time (unless you didn't mind changing batteries a couple of times.) However, if you want to take it with you to do a quick clean up on a job (under the sink, remnants from a drilling or sawing operation, etc...) it is ideal. I carry the bag of cordless tools and vac with me to the worksite. When done, I flip on the vac, clean up the mess and call it a job without ever needing an outlet.

Also, the 16 minutes of run time can be a lot longer in real time as vac work is generally a series of stops and starts. In all, the cordless vac is great in the right situations. If you need long runs of air time, you'll want to complement the cordless vac with one of its big brothers.

By the way, not forgetting the original question, but I don't know the run time on an 18v battery.

Comment

Working...
          X