Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Planer

Hi all:

I usually know how to maintain most of my tools, but I am having trouble with my Delta Planer. I have planed quite a bit of wood and I'm finding that it is getting harder for the wood to go through. I've checked the knives and they are still REALLY sharp but I don't know if the rollers need to be cleaned once and a while. I don't see any grease on them or sap but it doesn't seem to run as smoothly anymore. I have to push the wood in one end and the wife has to pull hard out the other end to get it out.

Any ideas???

PS: I still have all fingers - SAFETY FIRST!

Always appreciative,

Darrin

Re: Delta Planer

The rollers do need to be cleaned once in a while. Try cleaning the rollers with alcohol and put a coat of wax on the table.

Comment

what kind of wax should i use

Comment

Use Johnson's paste wax.

Comment

also the tires the rubber tires are cold and hard since you are in canada. you might have to let them warm up frist so they can get soft and grip the wood.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Definitely wipe them down with alcohol periodically. I wax my tables too, but use wax paper between coats of paste wax.

Comment

ok i wiped down the rollers and waxed the table it is like a new planer thank you all

Darrin

Comment

Working...
              X