Clear All

• 3 1/2 Rnd Nailer

Does Anyone Have Any Info About Rigid's 3 1/2 Rnd Head Nail Gun

Re: 3 1/2 Rnd Nailer

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R350RHA-Nailer/index.htm

Comment

I have it Framer.

I like it a lot. I have shot many nails through it and it hasn't jammed once. One of the features that I like is the loading of it. You just slide the sleeve into the back and pull the spring back and let it go. Similar to cocking a revolver is the best way to describe it I think. It has two options for firing. Single shot and multiple jump shots. I suggest leaving it on the single shot mode. Otherwise when it recoils you might shoot two or three nails into the same area. Just my opinion. Finding the 21 degree nails is a little challenging though. Maybe it is just me but it seems that there are more of the other clipped nail angles than the ones that fit this one. However, they are there just have to look a little harder.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Comment

As of now I use Hitachi for work and I just bought the new Milwaulkee gun which I like alot. But a driver blade for either gun is about 70.00 and rigid has a optional lifetime service plan. And the rigid gun is just like the new milwaukee.

Comment

I believe the Milwaukee and Ridgid guns are the same. I could be wrong...

Comment

what is the advantages/disadvantages of a clipped head nailer as oposed to a round head nailer? Is either one considered better than the other for any particular duty?

Comment

It mostly depends on availability of nails in your region and if you are using it on the job, it also depends on what the codes in your area are regarding the use of clipped head nails. Some states don't allow the use of clipped head nails for framing new construction or additions. That said, I prefer the clipped head nails because of the compact magazine and the paper collation doesn't shot at you like the plastic collation of the full round head nails. Paslode makes RoundDrive nails which have an offset full round head and fits Paslode and most other clipped nailers. I use these in my Paslode cordless all the time for remodeling jobs and they work fine.

Comment

We use round head nails, the only time I use clipped head nails is in my impulse for some punch out or maybe some garage door bucks. My concern about the rigid gun is durability. Hitachi guns can take alot of abuse, but when they need repairs it can get costly. I have eight guns that work 9 to 10 hours a day. Before I invest in replacing them I would like to know if I'm wasting my money. Or that with the service plan it will work out to be more economical.

Comment

Working...
                X