good time to by a Ridgid TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good time to by a Ridgid TS

or any other Ridgid tool for that matter.

the Home Depot is having their tool event:

$199-$399 = $35 Instant Rebate

$400-$599 = $75 Instant Rebate

$600-$1999 = $125 Instant Rebate

$2K+ = $500 Instant Rebate

$2000+ = $500 Instant Rebate

so you can get a ts2400 for example, for only 375, plus if you have a 10% coupon you can really sweeten the deal.

Re: good time to by a Ridgid TS

Hi, I'm a new member to the forum and just read your post. I was at Home Depot over the weekend looking at the Rigid 1/2HP pump for my sump pit. HD said that there is a lifetime guarantee on the Rigid pump and that anytime it should go bad, just to return it to HD for a replacment. Have you heard of this?
    thanks

Comment

Someone added up the price of all the main Ridgid tools (including the band saw though) and I think if you throw a shop vac in you are just over the $2000 mark. Once you at that point, think of it as getting the 3650 for free!

Comment

Pat, what you're referring to is the "LSA". Yes, it's Lifetime Service Agreement. Get your tool, keep the box and register the product here on the "E-Box." Then send in the sales receipt and the UPC code from the box. It's a huge selling point for Ridgid. They're one of very few companies that will stand behind their products like that.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
          Someone added up the price of all the main Ridgid tools (including the band saw though) and I think if you throw a shop vac in you are just over the $2000 mark. Once you at that point, think of it as getting the 3650 for free!
          "Honey, it was free for only $2k!" Go for it! ...she'll understand.

Comment

CheekyMonkeyWrench:
            Where do I get one of these 10% coupons that I keep reading about here? With HD's current promo that you mentioned, I am seriously considering the table saw, jointer, band saw, planer and drill press (all orange & grey, of course) for a very reasonable $1500 after promo is applied. With another 10% off, the price drops to $1350. My wife couldn't possibly argue with that, could she? Now if I could just get one of these coupons!

-O&B

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue View Post
              CheekyMonkeyWrench:
              Where do I get one of these 10% coupons that I keep reading about here? With HD's current promo that you mentioned, I am seriously considering the table saw, jointer, band saw, planer and drill press (all orange & grey, of course) for a very reasonable $1500 after promo is applied. With another 10% off, the price drops to $1350. My wife couldn't possibly argue with that, could she? Now if I could just get one of these coupons!

-O&B
              If you're moving anytime soon, you can go here to register and get one for free (takes about a month):

https://www.homedepotmoving.com/sign...percent_MGO_01

Or you can buy them off of Ebay for a couple of dollars each (usually takes less than one week to receive).

You also get one in the package you receive from the post office after you have submited a change of address (usually takes a couple of weeks).
              Last edited by kpinaire; 03-27-2007, 07:41 PM. Reason: add information regarding expected timeframes.

Comment

Thanks kpinaire!

I am not moving anytime in the foreseeable future, and don't have a month to wait so I'll give eBay a try. Thanks for the tip!

Are any of the HD stores still giving 10% off first purchase when signing up for an HD credit card?

Thanks again,
                -O&B

Comment

Just took advantage of the BORG $500 instant rebate. Picked up a TS3650, a TP1300LS, a BS1400, a EB4424 and a R250AFA (angled finish nailer), and I got the display JP0610. The whole package came to $1510 (after the rebate) plus sales tax. I felt kind of lucky to get the joiner/planer even though it was a display model. No box, no manuals, missing the adjustable feet and the push blocks - when I got it home and powered it up I found the drive belt was also missing. The assistant manager contacted his local Ridgid rep and he agreed to send the missing parts. The BORG asst. manag. contacted all the local stores and even a few non local trying to find a JP0610 in the box - no luck. He told me they had been having problems getting them for about the past 6 or 8 months. When he gets a few in they are gone in less than a week. I did find out from a Ridgid service rep on the phone that if you buy a floor model and parts are missing, you cannot just call the 800 number and get free parts - you have to buy them. She said I should go over a demo model very closely and work out any missing parts with the HD. That's what I did.
                  Haven't even had a chance to open the boxes yet - I have been looking at the table saw, joiner and TP for quite a while. I think this may be about a good a deal as I have seen - roughly 25% off.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue View Post
                    Thanks kpinaire!

Are any of the HD stores still giving 10% off first purchase when signing up for an HD credit card?

Thanks again,
                    -O&B
                    Yes, all of the ones around me are offering 10% on your first purchase when you open an account.

Comment

why wait for a rebate- you can get 15% off at Lowe's on ANY powertool. While they don't sell ridgid, a deal is a deal.

Comment

fx4fscc...i have purchased several flor model/open box ridgid tools @ HD. In every instance, a call to ridgid customer service and the parts arrived within 2 weeks. from the missing yellow safety key on a jointer (and it was the only part missing from the jointer box which was labeled "missing parts"...got the jointer for $150) to knives for same and all accessory items for an 18v hand planer. and every tool was purchased as a mark down or close out, sometimes as much as 75% below retail.
                        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by donutboy View Post
                          why wait for a rebate- you can get 15% off at Lowe's on ANY powertool. While they don't sell ridgid, a deal is a deal.
                          15% ? How?

Comment

Yeah, HOW?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                              Yeah, HOW?
                              3/29 - 4/11 Take 15% off any tool in Tool World

http://lowes.shoplocal.com/lowes/Def...lowes-6390-ROP

Comment

Working...
                              X