X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter Saw utility vehicle

I am thinking of buying one of these and was wondering what the good and bad points are before I buy one. Thanks Ivan

Re: Miter Saw utility vehicle

The MSUV has been discussed in a couple recent threads. A search will yield you some relevant info, but suffice it to say that there are few if any negatives, it's all good I've had mine for ~2-1/2 years now and think it's great.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've had mine for about a month and love it! It's rock solid. It's by far the best of its type, and the current price makes it that much better. The only drawback for me is that it is heavy, but that's what makes it so solid. It's quick & easy to setup and break-down. If you don't need to adjust the support rollers, you can set it up in 15 seconds! And it stores easily in an upright position, similar to a two-wheel hand truck (or dolly) and takes up only a little more space than a hand truck.

My problem is that I've got a 10" Crapsman miter saw mounted to it! Can't wait to upgrade to the Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - but I've got a few other tools to buy first.

Hope this helps!
      -O&B

Comment

I agree with Orange&Blue, the only negative to my MSUV is that it has a Craftsman CMS mounted on it.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I LOVE this thing. I previously had my DeWalt CMS on a homemade sawhorse with wheels. I now have a SCMS Bosch mounted on there. Except for having to drill custom holes to fit it, it's a perfect arrangment.

I used to have to keep my saw & sawhorse contraption in the garage, since it was not easy to get it up / down my basement stairs. MSUV is a piece of cake since it has such nice big wheels. So now I have it closer to my workshop.

I used to have to detach my miter saw from the base to get it loaded into my vehicle. Now, I just need a partner for about 30 seconds to heave it up and roll it in. And there's still room for my compressor and 3 tool boxes / bags.

"Deployment" of the stand is a breeze and it's solid and stable when setup. I am glad the members of this forum post when there are such good deals on quality merchandise, since I picked it up a few weeks ago for $99.

IMHO, you cannot go wrong buying the Ridgid MSUV. Just get something less craptacular to mount on top of it. ;-)

Comment

I bought one yesterday(last day of the sale) and I was amazed of how easy it is to move my saw around. Should of had one years ago. Thanks for all the replys and your help.

Comment

Ive had one for years and it is still money well spent. Get one while they are available they are changing the design so it will be similar to the Dewalt & Ryobi design.

Comment

The only negative to my MSUV is that it cost more than my 12" Makita CSMS ($47....thanks Amazon glitch!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ARE1 View Post
                  Ive had one for years and it is still money well spent. Get one while they are available they are changing the design so it will be similar to the Dewalt & Ryobi design.
                  Are you serious?? They are going to trash the current design?
                  It would be OK to tweak it and make a few improvements, but
                  I can't see how it could get much better, especially if they are
                  heading in the direction you suggest.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I don't know for sure if they will discontinue the current design or offer the new stand in addition, I imagine they will see what sells the best. I think there will also be a change in the 2400TS leg stand as well. From what I heard there are some cool items in the works.

Comment

I think I saw the new MSUV today. It looks like the old ones except there isn't a sheet metal top. It looks more like the kind of mount on the Dewalt. $169. Didn't see it set-up just the box. At first I thought the price on the old ones went back up because the boxes look almost the same.

Comment

I've been trying to get one but can't find a store. I've tried all of the links from Ridgid but none ot hhe stores listed them. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Comment

Originally posted by john343 View Post
                          I've been trying to get one but can't find a store. I've tried all of the links from Ridgid but none ot hhe stores listed them. Does anyone know where I might find one?
                          Most any Home Depot should have the RIDGID MSUV in stock. If the Home Depot's near you don't stock them, they can order them in for you.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                            X