Blades for TP1300 planer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades for TP1300 planer

Has anyone found a supply of replacements blades for this planer? I'm thinking about purchasing it but have read that replacement blades can't be found.

Re: Blades for TP1300 planer

Too many people out there claiming the blades are not available. Quit listening to people that don't know. Go to just about any HD you want and they are in stock. The planer comes with one extra set and with them being double sided you wont even need any for a few years.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I thought that is what I was doing, inquiring of people who would know. I had read one of the reviews on homedepot.com that stated:

"I can report that you won't find them at your local Home Depot (I've tried three HD's, and they ALL said "We don't carry the Ridgid knives" ...as they helpfully suggest the Brand "D" knife set hanging high on a wall). You won't find them online at Home Depot either.
      This gets worse: they don't have any sets at Ridgid either. Umm, in case you didn't notice, Ridgid is the company that makes the TP1300 ...and they don't have knife sets on their website. That's ...sad. Just sad."

I was under the impression that is the reason for the forum, mistakenly.

Comment

Do you happen to know how current that review on the HD site is? What the reviewer stated used to be the case with the HD's around here for a long time. However, for the last year or so the HD's here have been stocking the replacement knives so the reviewers claim doesn't hold water anymore, at least at the stores I frequent.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

The review was posted on 2/25/07.

Comment

They carry them at the HD near me (well, 56 miles away near me! ). Saw them on the shelf yesterday. I believe they were $29.97 a pair. If you do a search on this forum you will find some other threads where others have found other sources/brands that also work just fine.
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

You can also use the Ryobi 13" blades, homedepot.com $19.99

Regards, Daryl

PS: My HD up here in Canada has Rigid blades in stock

Comment

I just returned from with the planer (and drill press, router combo, MSUV, spindle sander). The guy in the tool dept. said they are hit or miss when it comes to blades being in stock. He did say there wouldn't be a problem getting them, just as you guys stated.

Comment

I just bought my planer yesterday (last day of discount). While I was there, the lead salesman for the tool dept. was helping me load it on the cart, and he showed me that they do, in fact, have the knives in stock and showed me where they could be found in the store.....talk about customer service!!!! Kudos to the sales reps at the North Windham, ME store.

In a side note, I don't think that this store will be without the power tools that some stores are getting rid of. The lead sales rep told me that the one Ridgid Jointer they had in stock was the last of five that he had to get out of a store in Vermont. He said they have trouble keeping these tools in stock...lots of demand in this area.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X