X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacement bulbs for 18v light

Hmmm I thought I remembered the bulb on my old DeWalt being different........I'll give it a shot. I think I'll still try to make an LED system for it too...say 6 LEDs? Oughtta be really bright.

Comment

Mark, they are about .4" by .8", should fit right where you have the diodes.
      If you need application notes I can likely dig them up, PM me.

I have a 19 LED light that is very bright but I find that the LED light do not have the same range as the regular bulbs. The LEDs are great for up close flood lights but fade fast over distance

Comment

I like the LED's for close-up work as they don't get hot. They're bright enough to do exacting work with, and you won't get a sunburn! I also like the light quality of the LED's. For general lighting where a large amount of light is needed for a large space, you need to go to traditional bulbs, however.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

http://www.brightguy.com/products/WiseLED_Tactical.php (Not cheap but it's pretty wild what this can do) You might want to give "Bright Guy" at the dealership a call. They love to try out all manor of portable lighting and should have some good ideas. There are some newer super bright LED out there. I can only dream of what we will have in a few more years. WILD STUFF

BrightGuy, Inc. • 38205 Stevens Blvd., Unit B • Willoughby, OH 44094 -- Phone (440) 942-8318 or (888) 881-1908
          Last edited by Woussko; 04-09-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Those are some nice looking lights, read the whole writeup before I saw the price of it and now I have to clean the corn flakes off my screen.
            I guess he calls it a tactical flashlight because only the military would pony up the $599 for it!

Comment

That's about it. No way am I paying that for a flashlight - lantern. By the way on the more regular side they have loads of models at a lower cost. I'm thinking they might know of a 18 Volt super LED kit for rechargable work lights.
              Last edited by Woussko; 04-10-2007, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X