X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement bulbs for 18v light

Both the bulbs are dead for my 18V Ridgid flashlight - and I can't seem to find replacements at the Depot or elsewhere - Help? So now I'm thinking of a project to convert it to LED - has anyone done it? Any instructions or do's/don't's?

Re: Replacement bulbs for 18v light

I don't know if it will work in yours but I found some Dewalt bulbs at Lowe's that worked in my light.

Comment

Try taking a good look at the bulbs with good light and a magnifing glass. Can you see any numbers on them? If yes, please post all.

Comment

CTC has them. They are in the locked cabinet with the mastercraft battery tools. Be careful and read the package because they also have 14.4 V bulbs

Comment

Duck;
          I use the dewalt 18v ones in my Ridgid light.
          They come two in a pack at HD for around 10 bucks.

They work really well.
          TC

Comment

Does the 5-pc 18v kit come with a spare bulb for the light?

Comment

ace hardware carrys them though the "ace" brand and the sell for around $6-8 bucks a pack
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The bulbs for the work lights are pretty much interchangable for all the brands. I sell the Milwaukee replacment bulbs and they fit all the brands, as stated earlier, Dewalt ones will fit as well.
                CoMax Tools
                Authorized Ridgid Service Center

Comment

Peter18V, yes there is a spare bulb contained in the head of the light, Unscrew the black ring while holding the gray rubber and the spare is inside

Comment

what about the new luxeon bulbs that Mag-light is putting out as upgrades to there flashlight line to replace the standard Krypton bulbs in 2,3,4,5 cell Mag-Lights
                    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

If you can't find them locally, this should work. They have several to select from so look them over and select what you need. Dewalt 12.0, 14.4, 18.0 Volt .... Makita 7.2, 9.6, 12.0, 18.0 Volt ... Milwaukee 18 and 28 Volt

http://www.toolbarn.com/category/flashlightbulbs/

Comment

Duck;
                        Here ya go:
                        9.96$ for the pair, right here in Calgary.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

Comment

I had an 14.4v Dewalt and it came brand new with 12v bulbs in it. A friend wanted one and I gave him mine and bought an 18volt model. I still run 12v bulbs in it after I wired 3 diodes into the light to cut the voltage down to 15.9 volts. (really need to add one more) The 14.4 and 18v bulbs have a center support wire on the filiment and it really screws up the pattern. The 12v bulbs do not have that support wire and give a really nice round even pattern.

Granted, they won't run for hours due to the heat, but man that sucker is bright! The transiants going through the cans in my alley don't stand a chance of going un-noticed with this thing! I bought a dozen of them on eBay a few months ago for about 10 bucks.

Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Neat way to drop the voltage. You may want to consider an NTE1929 variable voltage regulator. They are cheap and you can set them to any voltage you like by changing the resistance between pins you could even put in a pot and adjust the intensity for the job at hand

Comment

Do you think it would fit inside the handle? Looks like a cool idea!

Mark
                              Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
                              X