Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 18v Lithium Tools

Originally posted by ARE1 View Post
    The 18v l-ion compact drill is coming, just not soon enough, maybe Fathers day. It will cost about the same as the Makita. Then I can really take advantage of the impact driver, and replace my old 18v craftsman with a nice compact Ridgid.
    ARE1........Are you talking about a drill or an impact driver? The impact driver is already out and I havn't seen anything about a drill here or anywhere else.

Comment

It is a new drill, said to have a smaller body than the 18v ni-cad. I hope it will be close to the impacts size but I have not seen any pics.

Comment

It is a new drill, said to have a smaller body than the 18v ni-cad. I hope it will be close to the impacts size but I have not seen any pics.
        i would love to see a compact drill, and a right angle drill would be awesome too

Comment

As much bitching went on waiting for the impact driver. (me especially) I won't be suprised if Ridgid doesn't announce a compact drill before it ships. Until then I guess we will just keep dreaming. And keep working on my lottery retirement plan so I can buy one of every tool.

Comment

Ridgid is coming out with a 18v l-ion compact drill later this summer, it is said to be like the 18v litium Makita.
            You continue to make that statement on several threads on this site. NO ONE ELSE is confirming that. I have asked you on other threads where your getting this info. Are you just making something up or passing on a rumor? Can you show us a link to this tool only you knows about?
            Last edited by roadrashray; 05-25-2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Ok here is some concrete info on the new Ridgid Lithium Ion 18v I got from work. It's in the computer system just an inactive SKU so it has yet to be shipped and I can't determine when it will be shipped.

It is a Ridgid 18v Lithium compact Drill/Driver

SKU 906-747

Price $179

Hope this helps out everyone. So yes it's coming but when, I have no idea. The price is nice so I'm really looking forward to seeing this in my store. I'll keep checking the computer to see when it's supposed to be shipped and give updates when I learn something new.

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
                Ok here is some concrete info on the new Ridgid Lithium Ion 18v I got from work. It's in the computer system just an inactive SKU so it has yet to be shipped and I can't determine when it will be shipped.

It is a Ridgid 18v Lithium compact Drill/Driver

SKU 906-747

Price $179

Hope this helps out everyone. So yes it's coming but when, I have no idea. The price is nice so I'm really looking forward to seeing this in my store. I'll keep checking the computer to see when it's supposed to be shipped and give updates when I learn something new.

Any info on what is included in the package? Such as batteries or just the tool
                http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
                  Any info on what is included in the package? Such as batteries or just the tool
                  Unfortunately not at this time. That was all the info that the computers at HD gave me. Now that school is out I'm working more days so maybe i'll be there next time my Ridgid Rep comes in (usually once every other week) and I'll ask him about it. I'm just assuming the drill, two batteries and the charger just like the compact Makita for $199 but I'm not sure.

Comment

this is good news, i cant wait for the 18 volt li drill

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                      You continue to make that statement on several threads on this site. NO ONE ELSE is confirming that. I have asked you on other threads where your getting this info. Are you just making something up or passing on a rumor? Can you show us a link to this tool only you knows about?
                      I get most of my info from talking with the reps/tool center people. I'm not BSing about what tools are coming, I visit the HD alot and ask questions. I saw a sku for the 18v l-ion an a thread so I too will hope it arrives in stores soon. I just put the word out because I would have bought a Makita 18v if Ridgid was not going to introduce one, now I will wait so I can keep building my 18-24v compatible set.

Comment

So it will be MaxSelect?

I am thinking that at $179 you would get 2 batteries and a charger and never have to use your 24 volt batteries from the combo kit for the current Max Select impact driver priced at $119.

If it is coming soon I will be returning the solo impact driver

Comment

So it will be MaxSelect?

I am thinking that at $179 you would get 2 batteries and a charger and never have to use your 24 volt batteries from the combo kit for the current Max Select impact driver priced at $119.

If it is coming soon I will be returning the solo impact driver
                          WHY WILL U BE RETURNING YOUR MAX SELECT IMPACT? AND I ALSO FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IT WILL COME WITH 2 BATTS. FOR 179

Comment

Originally posted by staab29 View Post
                            WHY WILL U BE RETURNING YOUR MAX SELECT IMPACT? AND I ALSO FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IT WILL COME WITH 2 BATTS. FOR 179
                            It better come with 2 batteries. If you can buy the makita with 2 batteries for $199. I hope Father's day is the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by staab29 View Post

The current max select impact driver comes with nothing except the drill for $119.00. Also, I am hoping that RIDGID will make the 18 volt impact lighter and currently the only way to get more 24 volt batteries is to buy the starter kit(1 battery and a charger) for $199 or buy an entire kit.

If RIDGID wants to competitive in the market it will come with 2 batteries if the price remains at $179 as cellardoor stated in his post.

On another note, I am glad RIDGID made the 24 volt line for the recip and circular because you need the power for those tools, however, an impact driver functions differently. Therefore it should be the lightest power tool you own.

Comment

The current max select impact driver comes with nothing except the drill for $119.00. Also, I am hoping that RIDGID will make the 18 volt impact lighter and currently the only way to get more 24 volt batteries is to buy the starter kit(1 battery and a charger) for $199 or buy an entire kit.

If RIDGID wants to competitive in the market it will come with 2 batteries if the price remains at $179 as cellardoor stated in his post.

On another note, I am glad RIDGID made the 24 volt line for the recip and circular because you need the power for those tools, however, an impact driver functions differently. Therefore it should be the lightest power tool you own.
                                I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT THE IMPACT THAT U HAVE IS FOR 24 AND 18 VOLT, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A 18 VOLT ONLY IMPACT THAT IS SMALLER. THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT A DRILL. AND I DONT KNOW WHAT U USE AN IMPACT FOR, BUT WE USE THEM FOR HEAVY DUTY JOBS LIKE PUTTING IN LAG BOLTS AND TIGHTENING NUTS, SO WHY WOULD SOMETHING THAT IS USED FOR HEAVY DUTY JOBS BE SMALL AND LIGHT WEIGHT. THEY NEED TO BE BUILT TOUGH SO THEY CAN WITHSTAND ABUSE. IF YOU NEED A TOOL TO PUT IN 1'' DRYWALL SCREWS JUST USE A DRILL, I DONT THINK YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT AN IMPACT DRIVER IS USED FOR.

Comment

Working...
                                X