X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts2400

say, i was just wondering what you think about the ridgid ts2400 table saw i was thinking about getting it in this sale at HD

Re: ts2400

I've had one for a while now and I think it's great

Super fold up and wheel away design with the "work and haul it" cart.
    Better then the Bosch imho (sorry Newman )
    Plenty of power, soft start, wide ripping capacity and fairly large table.
    Great fence with t-slots for feather boards, jigs etc.
    The saw has a bit of weight to it when set up which I think is important, not flimsy like some light weight portables are.

Some people in these forums have recently complained about the gaurd storage being loose but I've never had that problem. I have also heard one guy complain about removing the fence from it's storage position.. I had that problem the first couple of times I used it until I got the knack of how to do it properly. You lift the fence as though you're going to lift the end of the saw up (once in it's upright position of course) and then roll the bottom of the fence out towards you - easy peasy Putting it back is the reverse.

I would buy this saw again in a heart beat
    Imo there are really only two portable saws to choose from, the Ridgid and the Bosch. can't go wrong with either one but the Ridgid is a better deal and has a better cart
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post

ouch now that will cause a war seeing how bosch sucks and newman just doens't know it yet (just kiddin) i'm sure he knows
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

It might be better "thEn" the Bosch, but it's definitely not better thAn the Bosch !!! LOL

Some of you guys kill me with your (you're as some of you say!) grammar !!!
        i.e. the use of your and you're, its and it's, their and there, etc.

Not dropping names, you know who you are...

I still say the Bosch with the Gravity-Rise stand kicks a$$ over any other saw out there. Try it for yourself and you'll come back and kiss me...

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
        ouch now that will cause a war seeing how bosch sucks and newman just doens't know it yet (just kiddin) i'm sure he knows
        No I like to think of myself as being somewhat civilized and therefor don't take part in BS wars among fellow forum users.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post

No I like to think of myself as being somewhat civilized and therefor don't take part in BS wars among fellow forum users.

but but but lol
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

It might be better "thEn" the Bosch, but it's definitely not better thAn the Bosch !!! LOL
            Didn't know about the test I'll have to study for the next one

Try it for yourself and you'll come back and kiss me...
            No thanks, I've seen Seinfeld
            Cheers! - Jim
            -------------
            All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

No thanks, I've seen Seinfeld
              LOL

Jerry - "I don't want to do the kiss hellos anymore..."

That was one of the funniest episodes...

Comment

I'm one of the few who have "loose storage" issue with the blade guard, but that's the only grief I have during the short 1.5 week experience with TS2400. But since I bought it not for mobility but just because of my limited storage space, so I have no problem to just leave the blade guard on one of the shelves in the garage.

The Bosch was top on my list ... but the current PowerDeal + lifetime warranty make it a no-brainer-purchase to my "newbie" case.

Good luck shopping.

Comment

Wagon Man, I was working with my saw today and thinking about the "blade gaurd storage" issue...
                  I don't ever use my blade gaurd so I don't pay much attention to it but upon closer inspection I noticed how it can come loose because today it actually did (shouldn't have said anything ). I wheeled my saw over some pretty bumpy ground and noticed for the first time that it had come loose no prob just pushed it back into the grooves.

Then I got thinking about it and figured that if it happens again I'll drill a small hole through the bottom edges of the gaurd and right through the raised part of the base that holds it, "then" (right Newman) I'll pop a small stainless machine bolt with matching wingnut through to "lock" it in place till it's needed one day
                  Cheers! - Jim
                  -------------

Comment

Mine is worse, it just came right off as soon as I set it to an upright position. I do plan to mod the latches to kepe it in place... and your suggestion sounds like a good fix.

Thanks, Jim!

I wheeled my saw over some pretty bumpy ground and noticed for the first time that it had come loose no prob just pushed it back into the grooves.

Comment

thanks guys i think ill be getting one next week

Comment

my TS2410LS is the same way. just picked it up last night and it does NOT hold the guard in place very well.

Comment

Working...
                        X