X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good or bad arbor?

just got my ts-aligner. real happy to say my arbor runout is better than .001". the blade is a diff. story though. that i can't wait to replace. anyway while i have the old blade out i thought i'd take a picture of my arbor. it looks to me like it's the old arbor. the tablesaw is not even a month old and i'm sure it was new stock at my hd. they only had one in stock for the longest time and i didn't want to get it because the box looked really banged up. i waited for their new stock to come in however it looks to me now that it's new old stock. please say it isn't so.

Re: good or bad arbor?

Here's a picture of both arbors,
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Cadenz,
      What tells you it's the "old" arbor? Can you post the picture so I can see it?
      I just bought mine and have'nt taken a look at the arbor yet.
      Mine came with a broken lever on the fence. I called C.S. and they are going to send me a new lever. Hope I can replace it okay. Also, mine "klunks" when I start it, does yours?
      Jim

Comment

Badger Dave,
        Thanks for the pics. now I know what to look for.
        If cadenz and I have the old style, what can be done?
        Jim

Comment

thanks for the picture. i was planning to post mine too but i forgot in my haste. anyway after taking a good look at my arbor i am sure it's not the old one. it does however look stripped. i haven't put the saw blade back on since i removed it. plsease tell me what you think.

i don't know what you mean by "clunk." could it be drawing too much power/causing a surge or a dip maybe?

ok. just tried uploading pic and it's too big. how do i make it smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimh42 View Post
            Also, mine "klunks" when I start it....
            I don't know for certain if this is the reason your saw is "klunking" but to me it sounds like you don't have the belt lined up properly. You probably should check out the owners manual and go over the belt installation procedure one more time.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Here is a link to a thread for shrinking pics

Comment

Badger Dave,
                Thanks, I'll double check the belt installation and see if it helps. I had a similar noise on my old Craftsman ts and when I changed to a link belt the noise disappeared.
                I'm noticing a distinct similarity between the new TS3650 and my old (1950's) Craftsman. The new one is improved of course but the underside, where the arbor and trunion are, is almost identical.
                I checked the arbor against your pics and I have a newer style, whew!
                Jim

Comment

Working...
                X