X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade wobble

I have a new MS1290 CSMS and noticed that the blade wobbles when making cuts. There does not seem to be any play in the arbor when the blade is stopped. (the arbor nut is tight and I did check for pitch on the faces) While running the saw, the blade seems to be fine until I start to make a cut. I'm using the blade that came with the saw. Has anyone had this problem?

Re: Blade wobble

If it's a thin blade, they like to vibrate and wobble alot when cutting. A thicker blade may make the difference.

Mark
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

It appears to be a normal kerf blade. Any suggestions for a replacement blade?

Comment

Did you ever find out what was causing the wobble? I just bought one and it is doing it right out of the box. Actually it sounds like a bucket of nuts and bolts when it runs
        Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

I suggest the following:

remove the nut, washer and blade. Then clean the area.
          It's possible the saw blade did not seat perfectly and reinstalling it will
          fix the wobble.

Another possibility is the saw blade is warped/damaged. Something as simple as one tooth
          being bent or not properly aligned. This can happen if the blade hits a nail or sometimes a knot when cutting. Try a new blade designed for the miter saw and let us know what the results are.

If indeed you still experience wobble you may have a defective motor with a bent shaft!
          Then a call to service or warranty repair is next.

Cactus Man

Comment

I just bought a ridgid titanium 10" 50 tooth combination blade, item number R1050C. It has 30 mils of wobble right out of the box. I put my old blade, made in china, back on and 1 mil of run out. so, made sure that everything was clean and re-installed the Ridgid. back to 30 mils of wobble. This is useless for cabinet making. I would expect a little better blade for 60+$

checked with customer service and the said log in to view your answer. Tried to log in. but since I don't have anything with a serial number, it wouldn't let me register. I don't know why I couldn't have received the information via email..

I just may have learned a 60$ lesson, if it says ridgid, don't buy it.

Comment

I'm running Ridgid R1050C's on both my Ridgid 10" CMS and my old Craftsman RAS and I'm very pleased with their performance. Nice smooth cut, no vibration and no detectable run-out and relatively quiet compared to past blades on the RAS. I don't have a means to measure micro-wise, but the cuts are without burning or tooth marks. If your 1050C is anything but that, I'd return them and try another.

As far as the original "wobble" question, something is definitely wrong; with either the blade not sitting right on the arbor (hows the washer surface?) or a damaged/warped blade.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by neslot View Post
                I just bought a ridgid titanium 10" 50 tooth combination blade, item number R1050C. It has 30 mils of wobble right out of the box. I put my old blade, made in china, back on and 1 mil of run out. so, made sure that everything was clean and re-installed the Ridgid. back to 30 mils of wobble. This is useless for cabinet making. I would expect a little better blade for 60+$

checked with customer service and the said log in to view your answer. Tried to log in. but since I don't have anything with a serial number, it wouldn't let me register. I don't know why I couldn't have received the information via email..

This is to stupid to be for real. Must be one of those professional Ridgid bashers.
                1-If you just got it and it is defective, simply return it for an exchange or refund.....duh!
                2-You seem to have confused (imagine that?) customer service email communication with this forum.
                Last edited by roadrashray; 04-25-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neslot View Post

That blade is made by Freud and is very similar to the Avanti TK906 and Diablo D1050X. It sounds like it's defective, so return it or exchange it.

Comment

Working...
                  X