Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Waiting For 24volt Impact Driver

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
    Did the RIDGID rep give you the battery at no cost?
    Yes, I was talking with them about how long new products were taking and whats coming in the near future. He said thanks for your patience and using our products and tossed me a 24v battery.

Comment

Originally posted by ARE1 View Post
      Yes, I was talking with them about how long new products were taking and whats coming in the near future. He said thanks for your patience and using our products and tossed me a 24v battery.

When I was in Home Depot talking to several employees, they stated that RIDGID reps throw the batteries away when they display the tools. INCREDIBLE

Home Depot employees apparantley are not authorized to give the batteries away....Nice job on getting a battery...Maybe I will run into a rep some day
      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

That seem odd, I have bought many display/demo tools with all the parts and batteries included. This may vary from store to store, but it seems ridiculous to me, the tools are cheap to buy, the batteries are what cost the money.
        Last edited by ARE1; 05-22-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARE1 View Post
          That seem odd, I have bought many display/demo tools with all the parts and batteries included. This may vary from store to store, but it seems ridiculous to me, the tools are cheap to buy, the batteries are what cost the money.

It is ridiculous. Could it be Home Depot employee's are wrong?LOL
          http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
            Now..where are these E-bay sellers getting all this Ridgid stuff????

I have yet to find an 18v 2.5ah battery at home Depot but on E-bay they are in mass!

Cactus Man
            The tools you see on Ebay are sold from kits that people divided up. I'm not sure what is going on with the 24v impacts because I haven't seen those in kits.

Comment

Kind of unrelated, but I ran into a Milwaukee rep yesterday at the lumber yard, and we started talking. He said they have some sort of promo where you can trade three used 18V Milwaukee NiCad batteries for 2 new 18V LiIon batteries and dual port charger. That sounded interesting. I guess you can run the new LiIon batteries in your old NiCad tools.

Comment

Just to add to the Home Depot comments. Our local TV stations have been running stories all week about complaints that people are having with Home Depot and their install department; roofing, carpets, tile, etc. I was surprised how upset people are with them and how they refuse to shop there again. I'm sure the TV stories will somehow affect local HD businesses here. It's one thing to buy tools and supplies, but I have had horrible experiences working with the install people and the orange aprons, in general. I wish Lowes or someone else would step up, so Home Depot can start treating their customers better.

On a side note, I visited three local HD stores and I still can't seem to find the Ridgid 24v Impact Driver. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I would like to see the 18v lithium batteries soon or at least know that they are coming. Gee, Ridgid could really use a marketing department. Although, I did see an ad for the 24v Recip Saw in the latest issue of HandyMan mag. Still no mention of an 18v lithium, just the 18v ni-cad.

Comment

Originally posted by brianss View Post
                  Just to add to the Home Depot comments. Our local TV stations have been running stories all week about complaints that people are having with Home Depot and their install department; roofing, carpets, tile, etc. I was surprised how upset people are with them and how they refuse to shop there again. I'm sure the TV stories will somehow affect local HD businesses here. It's one thing to buy tools and supplies, but I have had horrible experiences working with the install people and the orange aprons, in general. I wish Lowes or someone else would step up, so Home Depot can start treating their customers better.

On a side note, I visited three local HD stores and I still can't seem to find the Ridgid 24v Impact Driver. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I would like to see the 18v lithium batteries soon or at least know that they are coming. Gee, Ridgid could really use a marketing department. Although, I did see an ad for the 24v Recip Saw in the latest issue of HandyMan mag. Still no mention of an 18v lithium, just the 18v ni-cad.
                  Brian.....Check out #42 in this thread. Don't know why they don't have them in your area, although my store had the entire inventory at the Contractor Desk. They told so many contractors were waiting for them that they just dropped the whole load there. While your at contractor desk ask them to check computer and find out when they will be in. I did that for the Maxselect planer when the tool guy told me they didn't have any. Pro desk guy checked computer and said we have five in stock....turned out to be true

Comment

Working...
                  X