• Show
Clear All

• Still Waiting For 24volt Impact Driver

Here's the RIDGID math

1) Bought the 24 volt set around Christmas

2) Read the rumors of the release of the Impact Driver in January

3) No information from Home Depot and/or mislead

4) Still waiting

I guess in RIDGInomics 1+2+3+4=Great Marketing for the company and successful buzz for from the consumer

Hey RIDGID, what more can the consumer do before they switch to the many other competitors?
    Last edited by onlycordless; 04-04-2007, 08:05 PM.
    http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Re: Still Waiting For 24volt Impact Driver

i am waiting for this too!

whaaat's the deal?

Comment

The MaxSelect Impact Driver, which works with both 18 and 24 volt batteries, is hitting stores now. We've got it on the website at http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R8823-Du...iver/index.htm

Thanks for your support of RIDGID.

Comment

ProBrand - How usable will the Impact Driver be with that big 24v battery? The 24v battery almost seems to big and bulky for the Impact Driver tool. Also, do you know if there is any talk about a 18v lithium line? It would only make sense based on what other companies are doing, like Makita and Milwaukee. Thanks!

Comment

I just called my local HD and they told me the max select impact driver has been discontinued at the store level and can only be purchased through the HD web site. so i go to the HD web site and dont see any of the max select tools.....

What's going on here?

Comment

What i've been told from some reliable sources is that the impact driver has been having production problems, and they aren't releasing it until it is perfect. It was suppose to be out In January, then March, then April, now I'm hearing sometime in the summer. I really want ones of these too as I have the 24 V set too.

Jamiaz

Comment

Originally posted by brad873 View Post
              I just called my local HD and they told me the max select impact driver has been discontinued at the store level and can only be purchased through the HD web site. so i go to the HD web site and dont see any of the max select tools.....

What's going on here?
              This is similar to what a clerk told me at a Home Depot. He actually said the whole 24 volt line was discontinued by Ryobi. When I pushed him he said "Well, maybe they are on the website but we don't sell them anymore."

Home Depot is bad for Ridgid. They need to find another partner.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                The MaxSelect Impact Driver, which works with both 18 and 24 volt batteries, is hitting stores now. We've got it on the website at http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R8823-Du...iver/index.htm

Thanks for your support of RIDGID.

Will look for it in stores,

Thanks
                http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally Posted by brad873

What's going on here?
                  I went through this a couple of weeks ago at my Home Depot. When I inquired about the status of the MaxSelect Impact gun they went to the computer and told me "it said" that product was dicontinued. I made them go to the Ridgid web site where "it said" the product was just being released. Got the tool department manager who called somebody at Ridgid and was told that the MaxSelect impact gun would start shipping to the stores in April.
                  When I was in the store yesterday she told me she had received soem kind of shipping notice that the tools were being released and would be in the store within a week. stay tuned

Comment

Why does everyone keep talking about the 24v line being cancelled? Proband just stated that beginning of this thread that it was coming out soon. HD is not the best source for tool information.

Comment

Humbletile, I believe the above posts say the information we were given from our local HD reps said they had been "discontinued" at the store level, and were only available through the HD web site. Not canceled.

Comment

Time to vent... I have had just about enough of the run-around regarding the R8823 Impact Driver. I spoke to 2 different Custom Service people at Ridgid that said the tool is widely available at Home Depot. I stopped at 3 different HD stores and the tool manager said they have never heard of it. And good luck trying to find the tool at the HD web site. This is absolute bull****. If the tool is not out or available, be honest and tell everyone. Additionally, why are the people at HD and Ridgid so clueless when it comes to these tools. Whenever I call Makita, I get nothing but professional answers. I have the 24v combo kit, but thankfully, it's still in the box. If I don't see something soon, it will be going straight back to the store...

Comment

Other than what I've read here, I know nothing about the 24-volt tools. However, I do know that Home Depot often doesn't have a clue and they do a great dis-service to both the Ridgid and Ryobi brands that they carry. With rare exception will you get a definitive answer.

The origins of these stories is a mystery. But I've too often found that if you ask three different "Orange Aprons" in the store, you're likely to get three different stories. In my local store, even the manager of the department doesn't have a clue and on many occasions doesn't even know what products he's responsible for.

In the past four years, I've heard enough "stories", to write a book of Home Depot "Fairy Tales". I'm not sure who handles the Marketing of these products (Ridgid, Ryobi, or TTI), but their lack of understanding the importance of their respective websites results in product information that is too often late and/or incomplete.

CWS

Comment

Here is my latest Home Depot story. After looking around for 10 minutes to get someone to help me get a tool down from the overhead I found the portable ladder and pushed it over to the rack myself. Sure enough, that got someone over to chastise me that the ladder was for "associates" only...but he did get my tool so it was a success.

I joked with him that I figured since it was a do-it-yourself store I was supposed to get my own items off the shelf...after all I was going to check myself out at the register. I told him I drew the line at stocking the shelves...but I might want to be there when they get new products in....just to see what comes in before they hide it in an overhead.

I expect the new MaxSelect tools will show up at a few Home Depots and the "associates" won't have a clue. You will have to keep an eye on the shelves...especially the overheads where all kinds of goodies can be found.
                            Last edited by Disaster; 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM.

Comment

It has now been eleven days since the tool dept mgr in the Auburn,NY Home Depot told me she had received notice of the shipping of the Impact Driver and expected delivery within a few days. I talked with the Pro Desk at the same store Monday and he assured me he would notify me as soon as the tool arrived.
                              I don't know why Ridgid and to a lesser extent HD are being so coy regarding the availability of the Impact Driver. Being obtuse about the availability of consumer products is a fairly common marketing ruse to build demand among the masses. ie: music CDs, new car models, clothes, etc. This approach would seem to be irritating and counter productive as a tool needed by professionals.
                              Maybe ProDesk could provide some insight?

Comment

Working...
                              X