Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just discovered the pencil holder on the TS3650 miter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just discovered the pencil holder on the TS3650 miter...

After owning TS3650 for over a year I just discovered the groove on the miter gauge between the fence and base holds a pencil perfectly. I'm guessing it was made to hold a pencil. I noticed there is a threaded hole on top of the fence portion of the gauge as well as two holes one on each end of the base next to the 60 degree markings. Can anyone tell me what these additional holes were intended for?

Re: Just discovered the pencil holder on the TS3650 miter...

Originally posted by ryan.s View Post
    After owning TS3650 for over a year I just discovered the groove on the miter gauge between the fence and base holds a pencil perfectly. I'm guessing it was made to hold a pencil. I noticed there is a threaded hole on top of the fence portion of the gauge as well as two holes one on each end of the base next to the 60 degree markings. Can anyone tell me what these additional holes were intended for?
    The one in the center is for a hold down clamp like this one. The one on each end are for attaching an extended fence on. I have a piece of scrap maple I sometimes attach to mine when cutting long pieces for additional support.
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
    X