X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about nailers

The only cordless nailer I have is the Paslode. That thing rocks for decks and roofs. No tangly-dangly air hose to worry about, and it keeps going for a good long time. Plus, it comes with two batteries. Fuel cells are small enough to keep in a pocket. The smell is a bit unnerving if using indoors, however. I still use it for framing, but I try to do that when I can have windows open.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

i would be using the cordless nailer mainly for trim caprentry (crown molding, baseboard, casings, etc). You think its too heavy for this application? Are the fasteners big enough?

Comment

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
        i would be using the cordless nailer mainly for trim caprentry (crown molding, baseboard, casings, etc). You think its too heavy for this application? Are the fasteners big enough?
        Franklin the gauge and lengths of available fasteners are fine

Do you eat your wheaties? or spinach like Popeye? (jk)

Do you plan to use this for work everyday or just around home?

Just curious what you're expecting to pay for this?
        Cheers! - Jim
        -------------
        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I miss my passlode and its smell. Now I have to blame the dog....
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Well it depends on whether you plan on using it all day putting up crown molding - in which case you might think the Dewalt cordless is too heavy. If the weight is an issue for you, you might consider the Paslode cordless finish nailer, or a pneumatic nailer and small compressor. As for the nail sizes, it will handle the standard 1 1/4" - 2 1/2" range.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
              No money tree...

I just have a serious problem and I can't control myself...
              I need to get help. I see a new tool, I buy it.
              I guess I am a tool slut, but there are worse things to be.
              Who was it that said you can't have enough cordless drills? I must have at least a dozen or so...
              He who dies with the most tools "win's", I don't know how many I have, but it must be right up there with you Newman, LOL, minimum 18 v. Shopping habits are hard to break, and I don't need help, just need more.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Well im going to discount the dewalt nailer all together. I thought the weight wouldnt be an issue. I went to my local HD to get a feel for it - this thnig is HUGE. it weighs a tonne and its very large sized - not ideal. Im gonna go with a corded pneumatic combo kit.

thanks for your help!

Comment

Well im going to discount the dewalt nailer all together. I thought the weight wouldnt be an issue. I went to my local HD to get a feel for it - this thnig is HUGE. it weighs a tonne and its very large sized - not ideal. Im gonna go with a corded pneumatic combo kit.

thanks for your help!

Yeah it's definitely heavy, but I find it's well balanced and by now I'm used to it.

If you're looking for something light and portable I suggest this >>>

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B0000AQK78

Comment

Angled nailer's fit between studs that are set at 16" OC, for framing.......Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Viper13 View Post
                      Angled nailer's fit between studs that are set at 16" OC, for framing.......Tom
                      WTF!!! ???

Comment

Ya my exact thoughts too, Newman. Where did that come from Viper13?
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X