New ridgid wet/dry vac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New ridgid wet/dry vac

You can also wrap the filter with the top of a pair of panty hose to help keep it clean. Just tie the legs off up close to the top & cut them off below the knot. Slip it over the filter & tuck the waist band over the top of the filter & snug the filter up to the housing & tighten the clamp nut.

When you hear the vacuum start to labor just raise the lid & pull the nylon material & let it snap back about 3-4 times around the filter. its a lot easier than blowing out all that dust. I only need to clean my filter about 1 or maybe 2 times a year & I use the vacuum once - twice a week to vacuum the shop.

Comment

Gore-clean stream filter

Just an update, took me a while to find this thread. Anyhow, I'm still using the same filter in my wet/dry Vac., still has the same sucking power as the first day that I bought it.

2 or 3 times that I cleaned the filter, I just banged it gently w/my hands for the cleaning. One time I washed it off, didn't really need to do it but I did anyhow. This filter is one of the best investments I made, no more drywall bags for this guy. Just thought that some of you might be interested in the results.

I do use this Vac about 4 days a week. I did add filters on my other ones too, the TS vac. gets used about 5 days a week, but it doesn't take that beating of drywall dust.

Thats about it, go get one if you want or don't.....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

"2 or 3 times that I cleaned the filter, I just banged it gently w/my hands for the cleaning."

Your still making work out of it...

I use the same filter & do as I mentioned just above your last post Garager Just raise one side of the lid snap the nylon to knock the dust off. The filter stays clean much longer.

Comment

I'm not lazy, if you think that that is work, were all in trouble then. My thread is about a .03 micron filter that works great. To tell you the truth, I probably didn't need to clean this filter. I think after a period of time, it was just a natural instinct to do, because of past filters. I'm very pleased w/this filter. I do understand what your saying, but a pantyhose isn't going to stop drywall dust. Your method is great for sawdust though.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
          X