Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem getting perfect miters with miter saw.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem getting perfect miters with miter saw.

NavyBuck,

I had a friend that installs stairs. He went through two 1250lz before he bought the new dewalt 12" slider. I don't know exactly what the problem was but he kept having problems with them. I am pretty sure that HD will take it back. Just make your reason complex and they won't argue with you. But if you go with the new Dewalt go to Lowes they have it for almost a $100 less than HD. My friend said he loves the new saw. He had the old Dewalt too and he said the new one doesn't even compare to the old one. GOOD LUCK.

Comment

I have a dewalt and it has always been great. I've had it for about 6-7 years now, loaded and unloaded it from the truck hundreds of times and it still cuts perfect. If I ever need another one I'll get a dewalt again. I have used the hitachi slider and it is top notch too for making good cuts, but I like the feel of the dewalt better if only because I am used to it now.
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I bought the 10" Ridgid in Dec. of 2005 and just started using the bevel recently. It too has the same issue. So, tonight I dug up the receipt and took it back to HD. I asked for the manager and explained the defect mentioned in this thread. I was given store credit and I walked out with the Dewalt. It cuts great.

Comment

Originally posted by gonk24 View Post
          I bought the 10" Ridgid in Dec. of 2005 and just started using the bevel recently. It too has the same issue. So, tonight I dug up the receipt and took it back to HD. I asked for the manager and explained the defect mentioned in this thread. I was given store credit and I walked out with the Dewalt. It cuts great.

How do you like the DeWalt 10" CMS? I note the Ridgid is included with a clamp and an arbor laser but the DeWalt both are extra (DeWalt clamp is approx $30, Irwin aftermarket arbor laser is about $30). Whadya think of both of those features? Worth the extra $$$?

Comment

I have a Dewalt 703 10" CMS and the accessory crown stops, and it's a great saw overall. It's solidly built and durable. I've had it for 6 years and it's been moved around on job sites. It has nice tall fence and the miter stops are accurate.

Comment

no problems with the dewalt here either.
              http://www.reconditioned-power-tools.com

Comment

Does a Ridgid representative ever respond in their own forum? I think it would be helpful to respond to the allegation of a known ongoing CMS bevel pivot manufacturing defect that is compelling people to return the product (and bad mouth Ridgid). If Ridgid is silent on their own forum, it hurts their reputation.
                Last edited by CAsawSTUD; 04-30-2007, 11:20 PM.

Comment

The Dewalt is working great so far. I've been trimming out a house and this new one makes it so much easier over the crooked Ridgid. I did like that the Ridgid had the extended table and clamp as well as the laser. I'll probably pick up the clamp along the way but as for the laser probably not. Lasers aren't really necessary and often aren't 100% accurate. The Irwin laser is 30 bucks and the Dewalt is 60. Now I'm in the market for a nice stand for the saw. The Ryobi HD carries for 99 bucks looks nice and has great reviews on the HD site.

Comment

Arbor mounted lasers are non adjustable and useless. Don't waste any money on them. Integral mounted lasers like the one in Makita and optional Dewalt saws are fully adjustable and absolutely accurate once calibrated right. Only some (or all) of the Dewalt 12" saws take the laser. The 10" model does not have the option for it.

Comment

The Dewalt is working great so far. I've been trimming out a house and this new one makes it so much easier over the crooked Ridgid. I did like that the Ridgid had the extended table and clamp as well as the laser. I'll probably pick up the clamp along the way but as for the laser probably not. Lasers aren't really necessary and often aren't 100% accurate. The Irwin laser is 30 bucks and the Dewalt is 60.

Now I'm in the market for a nice stand for the saw. The Ryobi HD carries for 99 bucks looks nice and has great reviews on the HD site.

I've been trying out a DeWalt also. Seriously perfect alignment right out of the box and fully assembled. Very smooth cuts so far too. I'm also thinking about the clamp and possibly the laser, altho wondering if the laser is a gimmick.

If you are looking for a stand, check out the Ridgid MSUV. It is $99 (there has been a great deal at Home Depot for $49 with the purchase of a Ridgid miter saw). It's an incredible stand. You'll see posts about it elsewhere on this forum. But Ridgid is discontinuing the 'old' MSUV and introducing a new style MSUV. You can still find the old style in most Home Depots. I really like the old style. It's extremely substantial and stable.
                      Last edited by CAsawSTUD; 04-30-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X