X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unravelling bandsaw blades

How do you do it? I, guess I untie the wraps and keeping a firm grip while I'm doing this, then I throw it down on the ground away from me and watch the sucker spring out into shape. Never ruined one this way, but it sure seems safer than trying to unravel it by hand and not catching your chin or cheek or arms, etc. Just curious about your different methods, there's got to be some interesting comments on this subject.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Unravelling bandsaw blades

I throw mine out in the yard and let them uncoil themselves.
    "Semper Fi"
    "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

Originally posted by scrambler28 View Post
      I throw mine out in the yard and let them uncoil themselves.
      This is a good choice if the WX is agreeable, otherwise I have always done as suggested and toss them to the floor away from anyone who might get cut or anything which might damage the blade. If there is a floor area with a rug or mat or other such cushion I use that if possible.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Make sure you've got some gloves on while handling the blades. They can cut the heck out of you.
        This also goes for survey chains.
        Don't ask me how I know.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

I use to run a Marvel Bandsaw at work for cutting metal. Our blades are about 1.25 wide, and you can stand inside them. We used the cut and throw method. The worst part about it, is that the blades had to be rotated because the cutting teeth were in the wrong direction. Now that always scares the crap outta me. You have to stand on the blade and use your hands to rotate the blade..... anyway. I got hit on the top of the head, teeth side of corse. I have a shaved head so there were plenty of jokes made.

Comment

along time ago I used to work in the saw room at a metal shop and we used the put the blade under half elevated boot method while using gloves . What I use today, kinda an art form kinda like wrestling an anaconda kinda like hoping you dont let go. Always been lucky that way. In the begining trust me i felt very lucky but you kind of learn where the blade will bounce and you just sorta tell yourself your gonna win. I cant describe it other than that vague description. just do it 2 -3 times a day with a production metal shop screaming at you to hurry and it sorta clicks into place. After seeing the toss and drop method though I think I like that a whole lot better.

Comment

Working...
            X