table saw pics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw pics.

Ok, here's my saw, everything cost about $70.00, actual cost what I didn't have on hand cost $12.00. Made out of 1/2" pine plywood, 1/2" birch plywood, Maple 1x4's, Black Ash ripped to various width, shelving bracket holders (only thing I had to buy for extra support), 3- brass hinges, screws. I can break down the 4 sections in 3 minutes or less. I do have another section made for the guard, so I can change out that section. I'm also going to make an attached underneath slide out roller assembly for added distance with longer boards. I will still have to put a finish on it, thinking paste wax. When blade is up all the way and tilted to a 45 degree angle, the motor just barely misses the underneath top, I think you might be able to slide 1 piece of paper between them. I thought about putting on folding legs but went against that thought, do to I will never be moving it if I don't have to. Will build the enclosed saw dust port later in the fall, since busy time of the year is upon me. Works super for me, so thank you Bob D, I do believe the concept was your's, just a little modification for my needs. I will post my picture of my new table top for my radial arm saw tomorrow, hopefully, I'm also building a top for the drill press, got that one only half way done, VASandy, you asked me to show pics., so here they are.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by garager; 04-10-2007, 06:49 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: table saw pics.

Wow!!!!!!:d

Comment

L\@@/ks like a handy setup Garager
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

i like it but just one question. can you still mount the spilter and the gaurd??
        but i must say well done
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC i have another section for that, just unscrew the one on there and put the other in it's place. I believe in safety, but I must admit I don't use the guard that much. So I must pay attention on my every move, and I do... The one piece on the right side of blade is not for a router, I have a station for that by it's self, in fact I won't put one on the table saw, to me it just gets into my way.
          Last edited by garager; 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I'm gonna guess that mobility is not currently a high priority. But very nice.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Cool....you could almost measure your table area in acres!

Comment

Originally posted by steveKane View Post
                Cool....you could almost measure your table area in acres!
                Nice job. What are the overall dimensions? Looks like you can fit a full sheet of plywood on there. Enjoy...
                If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

damn garager thats a space station!!! One question though with all the current added space etc on there why not make a full TS workstation with base, drawers etc. Looks like moving Your TS isnt in the to near future But nice job Would love to do something like that to mine if I could still move the saw a few feet around.

Comment

Overall dimension, 71" from front to back, 85" width, will be longer when I build the attached rollers that should slide in and out from underneath the front extension. Yes this will cut full sheets of plywood, no more horse saws and straight edge and circular saw. I can move this saw, not as fast as before, only screws holds it together, will come apart fairly quick. I don't need the drawer work station, I have 3 work benches and another table saw near 2 of the work benches. What I do need is a bigger shop. When the kids are gone then I'll build my dream workshop. Until then I'll do my best with the space I have.

Comment

Looks great, Garager! That's a huge space. Sure would be nice to be able to cut full sheets of ply w/out using every flip-top and roller stand I have! Good work.
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Very well done, my friend. Looks sweet!

Comment

Working...
                        X